Madriz, Supain

¿Is it possible if I sand the inner part or something?

¿Maybe cutting up a slot for the taller part of the cart?

.FILTHadelphia

It should fit. It is a little snug but you should be able to get an EMS cart into a DMG without too much effort.

You might have to relocate a condensator on some of the EMS cart versions.
And do some sanding yeah.

It can be done. I did it as well tongue

Madriz, Supain

So, sanding and a a slot for the usb is ok? COOL. Now I just need to find a decent color besides pink/white/black. I think I dig some red.

I got a green one... because green.

Madriz, Supain

if it was official id buy it from you in a heartbeat and yu know it

Everything I touch becomes official.

i recently did a blue and black set up to match my DMGs. They came out great. It seems that the pcb for the EMS carts sit a little thicker in an original cartridge case. whether or not thats true, I had to use a razor blade and etch away at some of the frame around where I cut the USB slot so it closed flat. You'll see when you're trying to fit it together that it bulges a bit around the USB slot. Timbob had posted a pic of one job, rewiring some parts. My advice is to be as observant as possible of where things are soldered down (take pics if needed) and be confident. Desolder the bulky components, wire them down to the center of the pcb where there is more room, hot glue/electrical tape them down, and you're good to go. Sanding to fit the battery holder can work, but if you're feeling saucy, remove the battery holder and solder the battery down. Don't solder directly to the battery (explosion/caustic burn warning), but use the tabs included in the battery holder, and tape it together. Wire to the original solder points, or ground the battery to the big solder blob next to the USB port. No pics of mine because I don't want to open them if I don't have to.. but they work like a champ. Last suggestion - back up those saves.

@Timbob - I looked high and low online for aftermarket catridges like your green 150-in-1 cart, but couldn't find any. Any suggestions or resources on finding carts like that? It looks great.

Last edited by 8bitDAD (Dec 27, 2012 11:16 pm)

Madriz, Supain

im not confident for soldering, unfortunately. But I work wonders with sandpaper.

Last edited by SuperBustySamuraiMonkey (Dec 27, 2012 11:21 pm)

I've only been soldering for a couple months now. I strongly suggest giving it a try. If you follow some tutorials or read up on it, then actually get your hands on it, you'll get over feeling hesitant. If you haven't done any solder mods, try a DMG prosound or backlight mod. The EMS cart to stock DMG case is also an easy solder mod, but includes soldering to very small solder points, so.. maybe a little more advanced by that merit.

Madriz, Supain

Actually ive looking backlighting mods online and ti doesnt look that difficult. Thats completely another topic, anyways. I guess im scared of messing shit up.

8bitDAD wrote:

@Timbob - I looked high and low online for aftermarket catridges like your green 150-in-1 cart, but couldn't find any. Any suggestions or resources on finding carts like that? It looks great.

My guide again tongue

Well, I found one by accident. I look on trading sites almost daily, and sometimes they just pop up.
Some sites will let you search with advanced options. You could search for something like
Gameboy "In 1"
you get a lot of 10 / 50 / 1000 in 1 carts that way in all kinds of strange shapes.