Ludwigsburg, germany

Hi there,
would be nice if you could  share some of your thoughts and experiences about the following ... i tried to find similar topics here at chipmusic.org and on the web but did not find much, of course there was -some- but not enough smile,  satisfying information...

About 1 year ago i started to use LSDJ on my game-boy ... everything fine so far...

Recentyl i figured out how to open a .sav file in KIGB ... but i was very suprised ... it was not sounding very good, in terms of "close" to what i made on my real gameboy ... i thought it would be a nice thing to compose on the DMG and then sample the ready track "losless" with KIGB... but now, after i heard this huge difference i don`t like this idea .
I think i will capture directly from the pro-Sound modded DMG in the future... or is there another maybe better emulator than kigb?

- How do you guys do it  after a song is ready ? Do you use emulators to record/publish/store etc. store your tracks?

- What are you thinking of the sound-qualities of emulators in general? Did you make similar experiences like i did with LSDJ on
DMG <-> KIGB?

Another thing: i would like to start making some music with NTRQ in Nestopia soon ...
- Do you know the difference of Nestopia sound and the real NES-Sound ?  ( if there is a significant difference)

I know , a lot of questions ... and not written in best english... but anyway ... would be very thankfull if you would "drop" me some of your knowledge wink
Greetings from germany,
amon

Last edited by YanomamiGameBoy (Jan 6, 2013 9:23 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa

if you want to release mp3/ogg/flac, recording from the gameboy is the best idea - it is gameboy music after all. a little bit of AC hum/line noise/whatever isn't going to put people off that much.

most people here probably have fairly good consumer/prosumer recording stuff, they aren't just using webcam mics etc, so the sound is pretty good, and i think upwards of 90% of gameboy music you will hear has been recorded from a real gameboy (aside from vgm on youtube etc)

i think BGB is considered to be better than KiGB and VBA is considered to be worse than KiGB in terms of sound.

babylon

ant1 is spot on. and just cause i felt like mentioning it, your english is perfect smile

Ludwigsburg, germany

Thanks Ant1 for the fast answer ... i will try out bgb (just for fun) but will go on with recording my LSDJ stuff with my not soo bad  audiointerface...
Still interested in hearing some opinions about Nestopia? Is it comparable with the relation    Gameboy classic  <<---->> kigb /Bgb or is the Nestopia emulation closer to the real NES sound than the BGB to the real Game Boy?

@Walter b. ...  Thanks, i'm glad ... sometimes not soo sure wink

Puerto Rico

The entirety of my second EP was recorded with bgb's wav recorder and sounds great, I think the only difference is being at a bit lower volume than recorded from a gameboy, and wav channel instruments click louder.

Ludwigsburg, germany

Thnx Xuriik good to hear a other opinion ...

Nobody else who can say anything about NEstopia?