Norfolk, VA

So yeah. I now have one of these because ok

and instead of building my own programmer or bugging the piss out of nitro2k01 for support, I was wondering if the GB Transfer II device would work with it, since it is shown on reinerziegler's site that the GBTII works with bung carts, and seeing as how the bung Xchanger is pretty rare and elusive, then yeah.

Just trying to figure out if it would be compatible with this cart. Not to mention, the cart already had LSDJ 3.1.5, so someone had to get it on there somehow.

Any concerns I should be aware of when dealing with that particular EMS device?

Last edited by Monkeymook (Jan 7, 2013 4:08 am)

Boston, MA

eh just sell it to me

Sweeeeeeden

Well, since you mentioned it. I don't currently have a way of flashing these, but n a few days I will receive a device that eventually might allow me to reverse engineer the protocol that this cartridge is using to access the flash so I can write to flash. It may take a while still, but a solution might be on its way.

Norfolk, VA
nitro2k01 wrote:

Well, since you mentioned it. I don't currently have a way of flashing these, but n a few days I will receive a device that eventually might allow me to reverse engineer the protocol that this cartridge is using to access the flash so I can write to flash. It may take a while still, but a solution might be on its way.

How do you think someone got LSDJ on there to begin with? Using a home-made flasher? Because there's no way to buy LSDJ from one of the cart-flashing stations.

EDIT: Also, thank you for responding so quickly.

Last edited by Monkeymook (Jan 7, 2013 4:22 pm)

matt's mind

Bung Xchanger

(i emailed DROP 1410 just a little bit ago about this)

Norfolk, VA
kitsch wrote:

Bung Xchanger

(i emailed DROP 1410 just a little bit ago about this)

I believe I saw that DROP had a bung xchanger stashed away that he may or may not have sold to someone recently.

DROP 1410 wrote:

Hi, at the moment I'm just using and old Xchanger + Flash Manager software with a old PC computer (Win XP set).

I followed some steps from this website (translated from Google Chrome): http://mootan.hg.to/fmgbx/

big_smile

Sourced post: http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/137280/#p137280

I have one of these too, but have yet to flash it. If any of y'all would be willing to flash it for me for a monetary amount, I'd be most grateful :3

Norfolk, VA

If I get my hands on a programmer that works with this, I'd be happy to flash it for you for free. Just pay for shipping both ways and provide proof of LSDJ registration, and it's all good.

Tokyo, Japan

clarified title

Norfolk, VA

Thank you. heart

Rad, thanks! I was thinking more along the lines of a pokemon rom, though, if that's even possible...

Something like this: http://128bit.me/index.php?PHPSESSID=ea … #msg179202 (honestly I have no idea if it's even possible, I head GBC games do work on these though?)

Norfolk, VA
Toastypinecone wrote:

Rad, thanks! I was thinking more along the lines of a pokemon rom, though, if that's even possible...

Well, I think the closest you are going to get is only being able to flash one ROM at a time to the cart (first bank only), especially since there currently is no way to access the other parts of the flash storage on the cart, unless you somehow come across an official cart programming station.

I took the device apart, and there are 3 ICs. I'd have to do some research and find out how these chips are set up, but I'm going to assume one chip contains all 7 areas of programmable flash.

It might be up to a skilled dev to figure out how the chip is set up, and how to access said areas to read/write from them.

Nitro, hit me up if you want to borrow my cart so you can take a look at it.

Last edited by Monkeymook (Jan 9, 2013 4:49 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

Thanks for the offer. I have a cartridge already, though, and if all goes to plan I'll get a Bung Xchanger tomorrow as well. Next up is some scoping.

Norfolk, VA

Do you know off hand if the EMS Transferer II works with this cart, Nitro?

lol, edited

Last edited by Monkeymook (Jan 9, 2013 5:30 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

There's currently only one software that can flash this cartridge. -> http://mootan.hg.to/fmgbx/
You can try and use it with the EMS Transferer II, but I doubt it will work. That is not to say that the Transferer can't possibly be used to flash this cartridge, (and no saying it necessarily can) just that there's no suitable software atm.