Playboy Man-Baby

Just wondering:

Is there any way of dealing with the fact that holding down a note using the ps/2 keyboard seems to endlessly retrigger it, causing that clicking noise (other than just tapping one key at a time)? Any chance it depends on the version of LSDJ or something? I know that playing the notes using the pre-listen feature and the keyboard sort of makes up for this, but it causes crashes and crazy latency issues that don't occur when running the keyboard with LSDJ the proper way.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Jan 11, 2013 7:10 am)

KC

I've been searching for a workaround for this too. I was wondering if it had something to do with my specific keyboard model. I spliced the cables of mine so it plugs directly into the gameboy link port.

It would be nice to sustain a note with the keyboard with an instrument that you have set up a slow attack like a pad or something.

Austin, Texas

This is just how the LSDj keyboard works. Every frame in which you have a key pressed during realtime play back, it triggers the note.

It's very simplistic compared to something more elegant, like a MIDI compliant device.

You might be able to create something that sounds like sustain using a very clever combination of tables and effects, but I don't think you'll be able to ever easily do what you're describing with the LSDj keyboard by itself.

EDIT: If I had anything close to good advice, it'd just be to keep playing with your patches and tables designed for use with the keyboard in real time. You might come up with something that solves the problem, or something that renders that problem irrelevant for your music.

Last edited by Telerophon (Jan 11, 2013 8:43 pm)

Playboy Man-Baby
Telerophon wrote:

This is just how the LSDj keyboard works. Every frame in which you have a key pressed during realtime play back, it triggers the note.

It's very simplistic compared to something more elegant, like a MIDI compliant device.

You might be able to create something that sounds like sustain using a very clever combination of tables and effects, but I don't think you'll be able to ever easily do what you're describing with the LSDj keyboard by itself.

EDIT: If I had anything close to good advice, it'd just be to keep playing with your patches and tables designed for use with the keyboard in real time. You might come up with something that solves the problem, or something that renders that problem irrelevant for your music.

That's kind of what I'd been working towards. In the past, I'd solved these problems by writing something up in a table that made it easier to deal with. I can't think of any workaround for this issue, though. Oh well.