RGB backlight with logic gates, where if you hold certain buttons for certain colors (dpad for red, a for green, b for blue). So you simply hold down different buttons at bootup, and boom, any color you want from the basic RGB kit.

Holland
kitsch wrote:
zerolanding wrote:

I believe Kitsch is working on that. It was on his thread awhile back...

nearly done.  its time to start thinking about the backlight color for the first run even.  i'm sort of stuck on green unless someone can change my mind...

if you actually mean new front replacement PCB then I can revive 4 out of my 5 dead gameboys (not placing a RCA mod can be a killer to a ribbon cable)

matt's mind

i mean a whole new replacement kit for the front half, yes.  the back half won't be touched in this go-round.  just need to connect the ribbon cable from the back to front.  the front otherwise is reworked a lot.  nothing remains from the front. 

there are a lot of features in this project i'd rather keep under wraps for right now, sorry if i'm too cryptic sometimes....  regardless, its not too far off now, at all.  finishing up some of the coding/design in the next couple weeks for a last part of this, the LCD is starting production this week (i believe, need to double check).

its really not too far off.  just such a huge project i can't say for sure, anything could happen....  !!!yikes!!!

Seattle, WA
GoingHam wrote:

Also on another note if you wanted to make the wiring a bit neater and more manageable try finding an old sata cable to splice apart.

Sorry for not posting back. Good idea!

kitsch wrote:

there are a lot of features in this project i'd rather keep under wraps for right now, sorry if i'm too cryptic sometimes....  regardless, its not too far off now, at all.  finishing up some of the coding/design in the next couple weeks for a last part of this, the LCD is starting production this week (i believe, need to double check).

its really not too far off.  just such a huge project i can't say for sure, anything could happen....  !!!yikes!!!

Matt, just keep doing what you do. It's super beneficial to the scene and I appreciate it personally too.

Milwaukee, WI
kitsch wrote:

i mean a whole new replacement kit for the front half, yes.  the back half won't be touched in this go-round.  just need to connect the ribbon cable from the back to front.  the front otherwise is reworked a lot.  nothing remains from the front. 

Stoked!  I'm guessing the backlight color is dependent on whatever screen you're using. wink  It would be cool if we could just use the current run of backlights though.  Excited for the new goods! smile

matt's mind

its an all-in-one part.  like...  a brand new LCD screen. 

no parts from the original are used, you could recycle them even.  backlight color depends on what LEDs i have them solder in for that batch. 

wink  like i said...  big project, but i'm hurrying!