Bratislava, Slovakia

That RaspiBoy looks great! If everything can fit into case (flash card, LCD screen) you can probably run C64 emulator VISE x64 with Sid Duzz It tracker (Linux version).

uXe - i feel terrible suddenly, such a vulture! i guess thats my way of showing some sort of support. i'd like to see this thing live in some fashion.

Melbourne, Australia
8bitDAD wrote:

uXe - i feel terrible suddenly, such a vulture! i guess thats my way of showing some sort of support. i'd like to see this thing live in some fashion.

Don't feel bad 8bitDAD - seriously! The idea behind crowd-funding the project is to have a streamlined / centralised way of taking pre-orders, and setting the target at 100 boards means being able to meet the break-point in pricing for a production run and keep the costs down for everybody... things are moving quite slowly though, so I may have been a tad over-optimistic to think that I would be able to immediately reach a hundred other people in the world with the same enthusiasm for the project as me! Anyway, the point is that I absolutely plan to get boards into the hands of everybody who has been generous enough to give their support - whether we hit the target or not, I will find a way to make this happen! big_smile

i had to clear out my paypal account for rent this month, so unfortunately my short-lived pledge has been canceled. Lets keep in touch as this moves forward, I'd really like to be a part of this project.

West Yorks, UK

uXe, looks good, but i dont get the point? sure for the Pi in a DMG, but why the nes board in a DMG? other than the Pi example?
I want one not even knowing why id want it though!

Melbourne, Australia
Domu wrote:

uXe, looks good, but i dont get the point? sure for the Pi in a DMG, but why the nes board in a DMG? other than the Pi example?
I want one not even knowing why id want it though!

Well, apart from the Pi example, another potential application was nicely summed-up by Theta_Frost in the very first reply to this thread:

Theta_Frost wrote:

I admit though, it would be nice to just have a GB shell with a cable coming out of the bottom to act as display and control for the NES.

...like this:

Melbourne, Australia
8bitDAD wrote:

this would be made very attractive if you buckled down on a source for some confirmed ease-of-implementation LCD screens for people looking to buy your product and build it in a DMG case.

Another display possibility is to drive an LCD module directly from the Raspberry Pi's GPIO pins rather than using the 'video out':

http://spritesmods.com/?art=rpi_arcade&page=2

...these little integrated LCD modules can be found even more cheaply than the 'car reverse camera' LCDs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370692289959

PS. Jeroen Domburg's blog at spritesmods.com that I just linked to above is well worth checking out - heaps of awesome projects, including a GBA-MIDI hack!