Planet Zaxxon

If you enjoy the wacky sounds of FM synthesis, wave your hand high. If you create songs with FM synthesis, wave your OPL3 soundchips high. I welcome myself to chipmusic.com, my new home....   smile

-your OPL3 commander-in-cheif

Last edited by O2star (Jan 8, 2010 6:56 am)

The Bronx

Hi, Carl! I just want to say that whenever I see the letters "OPL" together, I think that someone ought to cover Madonna's "Open Your Heart" and name it "OPL Your Heart".

astral cat

still getting no audio whatsoever from mine sad

Planet Zaxxon

"OPL your heart" is a great name for an ablum !!! hahah

an-cat-max .. oh yea? what seems to be the problem... is it a desktop or laptop?

Tokyo, Japan

Useful hint for anyone looking for an opl3 lappy. Go to the toshiba site

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais … p/home.jsp

Choose Laptops > Family > Model

In this case, Portage > 3010CT

Click go > Detailed specs > open the PDF file

Scroll down to Soundsystem and you can see the chipset.

I think this is rather useful as there seem to be a fair number of toshibas with opl3s about and their documentation of fairly clear about the chipset.

uhajdafdfdfa

Surprise Adlib Tracker 2 is my favourite, simple layout, and not completely blue with weird scrolling interface.

A gray world of dread

Big up for FM!! \o/

New York, New York

FM is still not as popular as people here always seem to make it! It's nice because I can make it my own style without seeming to be jumping in a big trend. I want to use for an artist or album name "OPN2furry."

Brisbane, Australia, Earth

i love the FM sounds! pity im retarded when it comes to fm synthesis tongue

astral cat

anybody had any experiences with Toshiba Tecra 500CDT or libretto 100CT? smile

brighton, uk

currently using opl3 big_smile

Chicago IL

toshiba tecra 8000 definitely has a opl3 chip, along with a usb port and a serial port

i wish i hadnt taken mine apart yikes

Rice Lake, WI

gotta love that FM goodness!

Minneapolis

Love the FM sounds, I got hooked on FM from listening to Tangerine Dream and OxygenStar's Sassy Wisdom. Don't got an OPL3, don't plan on every writing music for one, but I'll sure listen to it!

Planet Zaxxon

wow to put me next to tangerine dream is radical... ha.... but arfink, get yourself some OPL3 goodness and join the revolution!!

Central-ish VA

I've really been wanting to work with Adlib Tracker II and lovely OPL3 goodness, but never can find a laptop (yes laptop, no desktop) that is "AT2-Ready," is there a list anywhere of laptops that are?  I've done some searching and have only found small lists of maybe 5 that are.  It's a tough search.

Last edited by Beverage (Feb 10, 2010 12:55 am)