Murcia, Spain

Hello everyone.

I've searched on the forum for this already but all I found was an old thread talking about flash carts that don't seem to exist anymore.
I do have read about the Ez Flash IV, and found it in several shops. The cheapest I could find was this one:
http://dsflash.es/buscar?search_query=e … erway=desc

But still, which do you think is the best GBA flashcart and where can I get it the cheapest?

Thank you in advance guys.

france

There is some supercard currently available on ebay.
I have buy it one yesterday, so I can say if it works when I will receive it.
The supercard work for a lot of game, but not all, there is some game which works slower : doom for example.

the m3 and ezflash IV are the best but too difficult to found one.
There is no good tracker on gba....
nanoloop 2.x is fine but there is no version which work on the flash cart.

Murcia, Spain

That's a shame! Mostly what I wanted was to use LSDJ and Nanoloop on them.
I'd appreciate if you said how that one works once you receive it.

And so I'd like to add another question: Is there a GBA flash cart compatible with nanoloop and LSDJ?

Chicago IL

The best GBA flashcarts have real time clocks (RTC) and are far and few in between. Without it, ROMs never run full speed.

Also nanoloop is designed to only work with the cartridges oliver puts it on. And the GBA soundchip is a poor substitue for the original, so you should just get a GB flashcart for LSDJ.

Taichung, Taiwan

You can use a 64M flashcart or a Drag'n'Derp cart with LSDJ on a GBA... it's just the top of the cart is going to be sticking out of the GBA/GBA SP.

Last edited by katsumbhong (Jan 16, 2013 8:50 pm)

Chicago IL

Yeah, a GB flashcart will work for LSDJ in a GBA, but the sound quality goes down. Just keep that in mind.

Murcia, Spain

Yeah, I do know you can use a 64M on a GBA, I just wanted to keep it small : P
I have a few DMG's and EMS cartridges, but I wanted to make LSDJ as portable as possible for buses and that sort of stuff.

And so apart from that, which GBA cartridges have a RTC? For gaming, that is.

Madriz, Supain

I have an ez 4, you can emulate gameboy on it via a rom called Goomba or something like that, so LSDJ is doable, trust me. It saves on a minisd so you never lose your songs, thats handy. It was fucking expensive tho. I use it for pirating videogames on a gb micro anyway haha

Chicago IL

I haven't been able to find one that was still on sale. Google GBA flashcart RTC. the internet is easy.

Murcia, Spain

@SBSM That one was the only I could find which was relatevely easy to find, but it's actually more expensive than a 3DS flash cart!!!! That's why I was asking if someone knew of a shop in which they had it for a reasonable price.

It seems that only very few flashcarts had RTC, and none of them is still in production, so they are quite rare to find /expensive... According to what I just read.

EZ Flash IV's recently went out of production, so any batches online are (EDIT: likely) the last of it. That site you linked, DogTag, is one I saw recently in the EZ flash thread on GBATemp's "Other Handhelds" forum. According to the wizards over there this is the only reputable shop they know is still carrying the cart. Mainland distributors (in the US) ran out of the cart in December, so any batches that are still yet-to-be-stocked are possibly in shipping or customs limbo for a while. (EDIT: Everyone is currently biding their time to see if places like Real Hot Stuff will ever restock.)

Supercard's in my experience were buggy, always in need of patching, and were in general a flimsy product. If you really want it, go for it, but beware of software niggles left and right.

Last edited by thebitman (Jan 16, 2013 10:07 pm)

Chicago IL

I had the Supercard, and had trouble with playing certain GBA games (the Mega Man Zero games were always pretty laggy), but it lasted like 3 or 4 years, and would probably still work if I had a way to easily replace the contacts on the cart.

I am currently looking how to properly play Mother 3. Anyways I just got my hands with an EZ Flash 4 IV and I all I can say is it's pretty cool with all the features that it includes. It supports lots of homebrews, modded GBA roms and all kind of original games back in the day. I purchased mine at emuflash com. Arrived a few days since I ordered one from them and superb service. You should really try EZ flash 4 from them. IMO the best flash card for gameboy advance put there at a very good price. smile

IL, US
Rudolfo wrote:

I am currently looking how to properly play Mother 3. Anyways I just got my hands with an EZ Flash 4 IV and I all I can say is it's pretty cool with all the features that it includes. It supports lots of homebrews, modded GBA roms and all kind of original games back in the day. I purchased mine at emuflash com. Arrived a few days since I ordered one from them and superb service. You should really try EZ flash 4 from them. IMO the best flash card for gameboy advance put there at a very good price. smile

why is it that i suspect you are the person who owns that site? besides of course that you apparently signed up just to post in a nearly 4 year-old thread. oh wait, it's because the domain's whois info is registered with the same email you used to register here. proceed with caution, for obvious reasons, if you decide to order from this seller. if they're lying about ordering from themselves, who knows what else they'd lie about given that we even have a trading post section where they could have just been honest and said "Hey, i stock gba flashcarts in case you want to buy one"

London, UK

You could get a BennVenn SD flash cart and use it with a Gameboy Pocket. Either that or see if he's still selling his el-cheapo cart (which was SUPER cheap).

I have his el-cheapo and then managed to get hold of one of his Joeys with his 64M flash cart second hand soon after. AFAIK both of these will work with the pocket without having the voltage problems of the EMS cart.

I'll be backlighting a GBP soon for the very same reason - to make LSDJ more portable in my bag during my commute.

Last edited by Psynaptik (Mar 27, 2017 11:19 am)