Hi, I'm new in the forum so first of all, say hello to everyone! I'm glad to find a community for chiptuners!

I recently purchased a cartridge with Nanoloop 1.5 for my gameboy color. I am not able of doing chords with the L channel, the R, N and S channels do arpeggios when I press start, that works perfeclty well, but the L doesn't seem to react to any changes when moving the pitch for the second and third bars on the pitch menu... The first bar does change the pitch for the first note (just as if I was in non-chord mode), and the fourth bar does detune the pitch, but the second and third doesn't change anything soundwise... I would like to know if there is some sort of element I'm missing or if I have to setup something in a specific way in order to build chords (maybe sme specific value of PWM, I don't know...),... I'm starting to get a bit desperate as its not working as expected at all and I'm really loking forward into building some chords without the need of tunning the L and R channels conveniently...

Thanks in advance, by the way, excuse my english, I'm spanish!

Saludos!

Abandoned on Fire

I'm guessing you're talking about the "extra voice" feature.  That ONLY works on original GB types:  DMG, Pocket, and Gameboy Light.

ohm... I don't know, I just read on the manual pressing start on the pitch menu activated "chord" mode which adds arpeggios for the R, N and S channels and does a second and a third note (or at least a second note plus an octave control) for the L channel... I think I have an old original GB somewhere around my house, I'll check if it works with that one... Thank you!

washington

Is that the feature that uses pin 31?

washington

sorry, double post

Last edited by basspuddle (Jan 16, 2013 3:56 pm)

Abandoned on Fire
basspuddle wrote:

Is that the feature that uses pin 31?

Yeah.  A circuit on the cart feeds a squarewave to the input pin.  Or some junk...

Abandoned on Fire

A little more info:

nanoloop 1.5 manual wrote:

The additional voice of the L-channel is only audible on greyscale
Game Boys (DMG and GBP). It is a square wave, the pulse width
setting has no effect. Its envelope is always in decay-mode, pitch
envelope/LFO has no effect and it does not play if the note is delayed.

Link to the PDF: http://gbdev.gg8.se/files/musictools/Ol … loop15.pdf