Minneapolis

There have been alot of good programs and hardware coming out lately for various game consoles, especially NES. Using these programs on an emulator is all well and good, but real hardware is always better, right? Only one problem- you'll have to burn some EPROMs, or Flash chips, or PROMs.

I have some experience doing these kinds of projects and I have the hardware. So if you need to get some chips made up, just go ahead and ask. I can do orders on a first-come first-serve basis, but before you ask I'll need to know a few things, like exactly what kind of chip you need made up and what data is going on it.

The main kind of chips I have worked with are 27c series EPROMs, which are used alot in custom NES games. For example, the 27c256 can be simply dropped into an NROM cartridge from Nintendo in order to run programs like glitchNES, Lickshot, VegaPlay, scrollNES, galleryNES and others. Of course, I can certainly do many other types, just ask.

Pricing will vary based primarily on how much your chips will cost. I don't often have a stock of chips laying around, with the possible exception of 27C256 chips and 27C128 chips. So when you know how many you'd need, I'd quote you based on how much I'm paying per chip plus a small fee for my time plus shipping. Just as an example, in the past I charged $8 for a pair of custom 27C256 EPROM chips, not including the shipping. Probably I can charge less, it all depends on the cost of the chips themselves.

EDIT: I am not particularly interested in violating any kind of copyright laws, so please, only ask me to burn things onto chips which you have permission to burn. In the case of No-Carrier's programs, these are released GPL and are thus completely OK to make hardware out of.

Last edited by arfink (Feb 9, 2010 7:18 pm)

Minneapolis

So, as we begin to approach the releasing of NTRQ, I'd like to just give this a lil' bump. If you're in the market for some EPROMs for your projects, (and once NTRQ comes out you know you will) give me a PM and help a poor college student out. smile