BOSTON
danimal cannon wrote:

No James I'm doing some other stuff that's LSDJ plus MIDI drums.

ah! yeah. LSDJMC2 would probably be a good solution to that. I even know where you can find one if you want.

Sweeeeeeden

Pretty much gnore what I said in the first section of my post for now. Looking further at the code shows that the algorithm is more sophisticated than I thought. Long term accuracy might very well the stated 0.005%. This could still vary slightly locally. For badly chosen BPMs, the playback speed could vary slightly over the course of a couple of phrases. I'd need to go back and make more calculations to come with a better answer on how big the error would be and over which time.
If you still want to be safe, you should go for 80, 128, 160 BPM. But then again, maybe that's not actually the problem.

The second part i still true.

Adelaide, Australia

I absolutely love playing around the groove command. Sometimes I use a basic shuffle (8 and 4) then break out into full compound time by using a groove of 4 and 4 and I just put an H command on The C line of every phrase. It works really well using the two in separate tracks.

Another thing I love to do when I want to go double time or add Demisemiquavers (or 32nd notes for you US people) is just have the groove to 3 and 3 for simple time or 2 and 2 for compound (don't forget the H command at C).

New Albany Indiana

Chicago IL
J. Arthur Keenes wrote:

So my question is basically how would one add a groove to a sequence in LSDJ while keeping it at a specific BPM? I assume you would have to do some math that I am in no way qualified to figure out, maybe it's only possible for some tempos or easier with versions that aren't from 2007?  Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

xandox wrote:

I absolutely love playing around the groove command. Sometimes I use a basic shuffle (8 and 4) then break out into full compound time by using a groove of 4 and 4 and I just put an H command on The C line of every phrase. It works really well using the two in separate tracks.

Another thing I love to do when I want to go double time or add Demisemiquavers (or 32nd notes for you US people) is just have the groove to 3 and 3 for simple time or 2 and 2 for compound (don't forget the H command at C).

that explains that!

Seattle, WA US

lol math

Unsubscribe

Are there any daw that can easily record a variable tempo map and then sequence to that? Usually I'll just pick the matching project tempo and multi channel record that only to find the groove of the track is boring now... Protools let you set the tempo basically per step but this is a painful process at best.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Digital Performer is SUPPOSED to be able to record the incoming tempo, but I haven't gotten it to work yet.