As some of you might have gleaned from my piggy topics, I'm totally new with LGPT. Its awesome, yes, but it also seems from first glance that it makes some simple stuff complicated by (what could be my ignorance) a lack of non-sample based frequency modulation. Is there any built-in wave form usage a la LSDJ? Or is the only real similarity the UI? I've loaded a boat load of tracker food into the program, and I can get some great sounds out of it, but for simple sin/saw/square/tri wave sounds am I "limited" to using samples? Maybe I'm looking at it through the filter of my LSDJ experience, which could be causing me to look at piggy as limited, and lsdj as more open and with more sound control possibilities.

I understand the loop parameters which affect the tonality of a sample in the same way that drawing a wave in lsdj affects wave tonality, but I suppose I'd love to discover that there's a middle ground, much in the way that users can control tone of instruments in nanoloop.

IL, US

yes, samples only

Right on.

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

On a related issue: if I make a triangle instrument with no effects but a FCUT 0600 and a HOP right after, it gives somes ticks when I trigger it a little close to each other, like:

E 2---
-------
F2--- > clicks at the beggining.

Is that a problem with the sample shipped with LGPT or it's odd?

Abandoned on Fire

Try leaving the note and deleting the instrument number on the F2.

Does the instrument loop cleanly otherwise?  Are your sample "start" and "loop start" positions the same?

Last edited by egr (Jan 19, 2013 3:59 pm)

Unsubscribe
8bitDAD wrote:

I understand the loop parameters which affect the tonality of a sample in the same way that drawing a wave in lsdj affects wave tonality, but I suppose I'd love to discover that there's a middle ground, much in the way that users can control tone of instruments in nanoloop.

There is no built in raw synthesis but try playing more with the single cycle waveforms that come in the 10k project, or look at the projects from these compos:

http://littlegptracker.com/10k.php
http://hexawe.net/compos/monorave/

and tell me that the plain synthesis is "worst" than nanoloop. If you load single cycle waveforms with from the samples like SQUARE50 or TRIANGLE and set it to osc mode viola you should have a pretty convincing sound chip emulation but with the intense filter and crush control that piggy gives you.

If there is an effect that you are missing from nanoloop specifically, mention it and I'm sure we can find you the piggy equivalent.

vargero wrote:

Is that a problem with the sample shipped with LGPT or it's odd?

Post a screenshot of your instrument settings. Sometimes the osc endpoint is loaded with wrong data and you have to manually adjust the start and end point. Also make sure you have loop mode set to osc.

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

Loop mode is set to osc, and as this is one of the waves that comes with the lgpt, it's loop points are 0 and 100.

thanks herr, thats incredibly helpful (and unusually in-depth hand holding for a newbie on an online forum). I'll play around with that.

Sevilla, Spain
herr_prof wrote:

Whatever he says talking about teh pig, is good wink

I was about to write almost the same thing! With really simple waveforms, using the instrument screen wisely you can get monster tones and a very decent chip emulation.

Go to the wiki and check out the Tipz and Trikz section: http://wiki.littlegptracker.com/doku.ph … ips_tricks