If you really wanted to get a MIDI out from a usb midi device you could buy one of many USB - audio interfaces, then run the USB controller in through the laptop, then back out through the interface. Definitely a work around, and you'd still need an arduino-boy, but so far as I can tell it would work.

Serbia,Belgrade
Zef wrote:

If you really wanted to get a MIDI out from a usb midi device you could buy one of many USB - audio interfaces, then run the USB controller in through the laptop, then back out through the interface. Definitely a work around, and you'd still need an arduino-boy, but so far as I can tell it would work.

Pictures and links would help a lot.( i think i get what you're trying to say,but this seems like it's gonna cost 200+ bucks for the interface and arduino-boy plus whatever the price is for the usb midi.This way i get to upgrade later to use a real midi plus i can use the usb one now.)

But wouldn't it be the easiest just to get

http://www.nanoloop.com/midi/ and simply plug in the usb midi to computer.

What i was trying to get was a setup where i only use the computer to record.A simple midi keyboard/pad/controller connected to a gameboy for ease of use and mixing.This would be an alternative(so how much do i need to shell out for this combo.

Last edited by Imnikola (Jan 8, 2013 9:55 pm)

What are you planning to do with midi and lsdj? because the midi functionality is quite limited.

it's mainly midi sync (for drumcomputers / ableton)
and some basic start/stop & channel on of commands.

You can play notes with midi, but you can't program lsdj via midi..

Serbia,Belgrade
Timbob wrote:

What are you planning to do with midi and lsdj? because the midi functionality is quite limited.

it's mainly midi sync (for drumcomputers / ableton)
and some basic start/stop & channel on of commands.

You can play notes with midi, but you can't program lsdj via midi..

well that was what i was going for small control.A drum computer which can modify the channel a bit.

Riverside, CA

My current setup is based around my netbook, Game Boy with LSDJ, and that Teensy thing I linked you.
It's only clock sync but if you want to change instrument parameters you can just pick up the Game Boy and do it on the fly.

Serbia,Belgrade

So I read a bit and i would like to ask,is it possible to use http://www.frontx.com/pro/c216_042p2.gif  to connect to a korg miniKP thenthrough the miniKP to computer to record.

And through the arduino(or pushpin) to some midi to control start and such of channels and pitch ot tunes(i do believe this is possible?)

If this is right and possible i think i just finished my setup big_smile All i have to do is wait for the chip,do some modding on my gbc and then i start with the music and later when i save money buy the miniKP

EDIT: I would kinda prefer to stay away from computers and do everything that is possible on the gameboy and through the gameboy.

And for the start use a computer keyboard to begin with and use it for the learning process.

Last edited by Imnikola (Jan 9, 2013 7:06 am)

Serbia,Belgrade

I kinda feel stupid about this thread because i dind't no nothing literally about this haha. Hilarious what 2 weeks worth of reading can do to someone.

In the end i'm gonna get Behringer Xenyx 502 tmrw 25e.
And i might end up getting a kaosspad3 for free kinda.(gonna trade my guitar for it and the guitar was 20euros)

Got the rom cartridge here today some time.

Anyway thanks to everyone who posted here and wrote stuff,without you i think i wouldn't have learned this much so fast big_smile

IL, US
Imnikola wrote:

What i was trying to get was a setup where i only use the computer to record.A simple midi keyboard/pad/controller connected to a gameboy for ease of use and mixing.This would be an alternative(so how much do i need to shell out for this combo.

ok, so if you really wanted to do that.. you can get a Kenton USB MIDI host for about $150, connect your nanokey to the usb port on that, take the midi out port from that and connect to midi in on an arduinoboy, arduinoboy to game boy. as long as you're in the mode on the arduinoboy that will allow you use a midi keyboard to play notes, itll work. but at that point its probably just cheaper to get a midi controller with a traditional din connector and skip the usb host (unless you know you'll use it for other things too)

Serbia,Belgrade

haha i totally ignored the midies and the usb thing all together.I'm just modding my gbc with RCA plugs hooking it up with the xenyx 502 and my phone with nanoloop and that's it for now.Maybe throw in a guitar and use a friends processor to loop stuff.
If i end up using a midi at all i will go and get a pushpin and something small and not overpriced.Don't need midi now.(never like synths,i wil probably just go with a keyboard and connect it to that)

Last edited by Imnikola (Jan 21, 2013 3:37 pm)