BOSTON

i have a useless DS sitting on the table that wants to make beautiful music, help me help it achieve its dreams of j-pop stardom.

Got $$s.

Get an AceKard 2.1 or 2i.  Don't settle for anything less.  They can be had for about $12 BRAND NEW.

))<>((

oh hmm, where'd you get that awesome DS? lol.

anyway, imo, CycloDS cards are the best.

Eugene, OR

AceKard is my favorite as well.

Sure CycloDS carts are the best if you feel like paying 5 times the normal amount of cash for a cart whose supporting team has been almost completely inactive for the last year, lacks any features to set it aside from the crowd or was actually update-able and usable with the DSi (like the AK2i is).  There is literally nothing there to justify the Cyclos ridiculous price point.

))<>((

well, that's all I've used lol. I don't actually have a DS anymore, Bright Primate here has what was my DS. ;p

BOSTON
Beware wrote:

Get an AceKard 2.1 or 2i.  Don't settle for anything less.  They can be had for about $12 BRAND NEW.

dude, i totally would if ANYBODY STOCKED THEM ;P

http://www.5thdimensionstore.com/

They are a little more expensive than DealExtreme was, but they have them!

Last edited by Beware (Mar 16, 2010 2:32 am)

BOSTON

oh thanks!

BOSTON
tacticalbread wrote:

oh hmm, where'd you get that awesome DS? lol.

AWESOME! So far, i can turn it on HAHA

I have no games or flashcards. I am a disgrace to my generation
XD

Riverside, CA

Acekard 2i is the best. anyone who says otherwise is confused.
also, make sure you use AKAIO and not the official software crap.

Liverpool, UK
The Silph Scope wrote:

Acekard 2i is the best. anyone who says otherwise is confused.
also, make sure you use AKAIO and not the official software crap.

What advantages does AKAIO offer? I have an AceKard 2i myself, and have had no trouble with the official software!

The official firmware is awesome!  It just so happens that AKAIO is better.  Has more features, is updated more often, supports plugins.  There's really no reason to even bother with the original FW because AKAIO is so awesome and easy to install.