Maine

i've recently purcashed a dmg-01 and some mods
i installed all of them except one because im utterly confused still

my 1/4th has 4 pins unlike the 1/8th which has 3 so i googled how to install the 1/4th and i still cant find anything

what do i do with the extra pins? can i still solder it to the same place like the 1/8th?

matt's mind

do you have a part # for that jack?

most likely one of the pins has a switch.  the datasheet will tell you which (if the switch is on ground, you can use it to turn the speaker on/off when you plug something into it wink

Maine

my speaker doesnt work so i dont care... do i have to do anything special to remove the speaker or can i just rip it out with clippers? cause i need room for the 1/4th

http://www.nonelectronics.com/catalog/i … cts_id=171

thats the one i have thanks for the help so far

Taichung, Taiwan

Follow the metal tabs to where they would contact the 1/4" male end.

Maine

thanks i found a diagram so now i know what to do big_smile just three more questions
1) cAN i just rip out my speaker?

2) what happens if i plug a mono cable into this? will it still work?

3)can i use headphones with this?

edit:
i found out that my speaker does still work its just a headphone port issue does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited by TheBronyChip (Jan 26, 2013 11:33 am)

Maine

i hate to bump this thread like this but im having another problem... where do i put the 1/4th jack? i cant find a place anywhere even with the speaker removed i have no space for it sad ugh this is begining to be a pain in the ass im about to just stick to recording from shit for the rest of my chiptuning career

Chicago IL

lol at career

Maine

ya i know i just couldnt think of another word to put in xD
so how the hell do i fit this in my gameboy? :C

What i usually did, was move the power converter to the right of the gameboy (where your speaker is/was)
And place the 1/4 on the left.