Geneseo, IL

So, a friend gave me the parts to an RCA mod and I have a bunch of Gameboy scraps laying around. Of course, this means I want to make a zombie DMG...

I know the left pot goes to the left and the right pot goes to the right... (Doing this off a failed prosound attempt.) Where does the 3rd wire go?

And does anyone know if taking the speaker out will mess up the gameboy?

I couldn't find these questions anywhere. If I didn't look hard enough, make fun of me or something.

Chicago IL

the gameboy will be fine without a speaker

not sure exactly what you mean but the 3rd wire is a ground

Maine

just pulled the speaker out of mine cause it didnt work still works fine for me

yup 3rd is ground

Geneseo, IL

I know it's ground, but I don't know what to do with it. There's only 2 places to put 3 wires and that is confusing me.

Thanks for the help on the speaker, though, that's half the project.

Will this help?

Or do you mean on the plugs itself?
If so: one plug gets right and ground. The other gets left and ground.

The ground is supposed to be connected to the outer ring. Left or right to the center.

Geneseo, IL

Ah, yes, I am talking about the plugs. The picture helps a little bit. I don't use the pre pots, though, right?

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Sapr wrote:

Ah, yes, I am talking about the plugs. The picture helps a little bit. I don't use the pre pots, though, right?

yes

Murcia, Spain

This was a big question I had in my mind for some time. So if I wanna do a pro sound mod in which I can still use the volume knob to regulate the volume, then I have to solder on the post pot right?

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
DogTag wrote:

This was a big question I had in my mind for some time. So if I wanna do a pro sound mod in which I can still use the volume knob to regulate the volume, then I have to solder on the post pot right?

i thought the point of the mod was to bypass the pot?

Murcia, Spain

I'm just asking, I don't exactly know how it works. So you say that without losing the possibility of controlling the volume, it's not a true pro sound?

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
DogTag wrote:

I'm just asking, I don't exactly know how it works. So you say that without losing the possibility of controlling the volume, it's not a true pro sound?

I'm not sure. But I know you  can't use headphones with the modded output, only line-level inputs because of the impedance mismatch.

Murcia, Spain
xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx wrote:
DogTag wrote:

I'm not sure. But I know you  can't use headphones with the modded output, only line-level inputs because of the impedance mismatch.

I do know that. I'm asking because I am about to do this mod and don't wanna do it "badly" xD

It's both prosound. Pre and post pot. The idea of prosound is to skip the headphone amplifier. Most people do pre-pot because the old pot can sometimes be a bit crunchy and its easier to controll the volume with a mixer anyway.

Murcia, Spain
Timbob wrote:

It's both prosound. Pre and post pot. The idea of prosound is to skip the headphone amplifier. Most people do pre-pot because the old pot can sometimes be a bit crunchy and its easier to controll the volume with a mixer anyway.

All said! Thanks!

New Albany Indiana

Im having trouble with this too, can some one make a tut? Or find one please?

New Albany Indiana

You need at least 3 hook up wires right? Whats post and pre pot? Does it matter if i have a prosound mod already installed?