Isis
Discordance Axis

Planet Zaxxon

Slayer
Pantera
Cacaphony
Jason Becker
Megadeth

Last edited by O2star (Jan 28, 2013 2:22 am)

Finland
Bit Shifter wrote:

Godflesh
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
At The Gates
Isis
Discordance Axis

At The Gates is spectacular. So is Isis live, but dont really like to listen them from albums.

Tool
system of a down
that's it....

Brooklyn NY US
DKSTR wrote:
Bit Shifter wrote:

Godflesh
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
At The Gates
Isis
Discordance Axis

At The Gates is spectacular. So is Isis live, but dont really like to listen them from albums.

Yeah Isis loses me on some of their records. I still love Celestial though.

Brooklyn NY US
Cooshinator wrote:

Bit Shifter
Nullsleep
Sabrepulse
Random
Bit Shifter

|m|/    >__<    \|m|

bit shifter's list is beautiful, Streetcleaner is one of my favourite discs

Brooklyn NY US

Same here. I'd say let's get married but I'm saving myself for Justin Broadrick. Zan-zan I need to ask you for Melvins recommendations, I've always been curious but have never really properly checked them out.

hardcore, Australia

That mastodon album about whales and any other band who sings about whales.

Slayer
Black sabath
Static-X
JJ Michaels
Drumcorps

Melvins have a wide range of stuff... but Ozma and especially Bullhead are cool for slowcore/sludge, Houdini and Senile Animal are great for catchy heavy rock songs

.FILTHadelphia
DKSTR wrote:

Will Haven

So good!

I could have added another 15 to my list. Kind of varies on my mood but the bands I listed have been main staples for awhile.

shanghai
DKSTR wrote:
Downstate wrote:

(Basically all pre 2001'ish before they all went shitty)

Come on man, Coal Chamber was always shitty, as was Spineshank. Deftones has gone only better with every album, Slipknot lost it after Iowa. For the good, now shit list I would totally put In Flames.

As for the list:

Pantera
Black Sabbath

-blank for about 400 positions-

Will Haven
Every Time I Die
Doomriders

hmmm disagree.

Deftones last good record was Around the Fur
Spineshank did one good album -Strictly Diesel. I'll stand by that
Slipknot - Agreed
And Coal Chamber are totally lame i know. But come on i was 15 when i bought that and had my ridiculous spikey blue and gold hair (criiiinge) ___In retrospect should have replaced that tripe with SOAD (whom might i add went pretty shitty too after the second record)

Finland
Downstate wrote:
DKSTR wrote:

Come on man, Coal Chamber was always shitty, as was Spineshank. Deftones has gone only better with every album, Slipknot lost it after Iowa. For the good, now shit list I would totally put In Flames.

As for the list:

Pantera
Black Sabbath

-blank for about 400 positions-

Will Haven
Every Time I Die
Doomriders

hmmm disagree.

Deftones last good record was Around the Fur
Spineshank did one good album -Strictly Diesel. I'll stand by that
Slipknot - Agreed
And Coal Chamber are totally lame i know. But come on i was 15 when i bought that and had my ridiculous spikey blue and gold hair (criiiinge) ___In retrospect should have replaced that tripe with SOAD (whom might i add went pretty shitty too after the second record)

Yeah I know, I have first Coal Chamber album, and its pretty hilarious to think that I really thought they were good songs.. BIG TRUCK, DUN DUNDUNN! Deftones made couple of bad records but two newest are actually really good, and White Pony is their best. First Deftones record is pretty shitty. Also I have that Spineshank album but shit, I thought even then that goddamn Orgy was better haha.

Also, I had purple, blue, green etc hair back then, around 1999-2000.. Just today I thanked some higher powers that I didnt get any awful band tattoos or piercings.

Last edited by DKSTR (Jan 28, 2013 4:18 am)

godinpants wrote:

That mastodon album about whales and any other band who sings about whales.

When an album has the song name "iron tusk" and wins metal album of the year.... Was going to put something similar to this, but thought no one would understand. A fight for this fish is a fight to the death

Chicago IL, USA

I'm more of a hardcore than metal guy, but:

Elysia
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza
Veil Of Maya
Dead to Fall
Dethklok

Last edited by SadPanda (Jan 28, 2013 9:24 am)