Neo Jersey

TG 16 is cool and all but you can't strap it to your head for a live performance to appear as some sort of musical prodigy from the future.

Austin, TX

Maybe you could get an Oculus Rift and attach it to video out on the TG-16, if you want to go all out on that.

Saskrotch wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm misreading this, but TG-16 has two noise channels

Yeah, I was wrong on that one; forgot about the channel 5 and 6 noise channel modes, like Delek said.

Seattle, WA

I used to work for the big N, and I can tell you this: There is Virtual Boy hardware with video out in existence. I've seen it in action personally. We used to use it when we needed to capture VB screenshots. It's probably sitting in a back room somewhere collecting dust. But there have to be more out there somewhere. Or, maybe there's a way to modify a retail VB to achieve this.

Personally, I would be actually be more interested in writing music on the Virtual Boy, using LSDJ-like software. Staring in to a VB is not as bad as people make it out to be. You just need to take a break about every ten minutes smile

Nottingham, UK
Stenobot wrote:

I used to work for the big N, and I can tell you this: There is Virtual Boy hardware with video out in existence. I've seen it in action personally. We used to use it when we needed to capture VB screenshots. It's probably sitting in a back room somewhere collecting dust. But there have to be more out there somewhere. Or, maybe there's a way to modify a retail VB to achieve this.

Personally, I would be actually be more interested in writing music on the Virtual Boy, using LSDJ-like software. Staring in to a VB is not as bad as people make it out to be. You just need to take a break about every ten minutes smile

Are you someone's uncle per-chance?

Joking aside, there are forums where people who collect Dev-kits and the like. Someone on one of these forums almost certainly has one of these.

Seattle, WA
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

Are you someone's uncle per-chance?

I am someone's uncle! But he's only 6 months old smile

I didn't work there during the Virtual Boy launch. Much later. But yes, I'm probably older than you.

lolusa
Stenobot wrote:

I've heard some stuff, Waterworld I believe, and it sounds really interesting. I've read the capabilities, and I would love a tracker to control it.
want see that tv out soooooo bad

Neo Jersey

I'd prefer not to have to compose on a VB, but if that's the only method available then I would. The whole eyestrain thing...having to take frequent breaks... kind of annoying. That is interesting that there is a model with a video out, though. That would make song writing a lot more tolerable. Not to mention it opens up some sweet possibilities for visuals at live shows big_smile.

Westfield, NJ
HPizzle wrote:

I'd prefer not to have to compose on a VB, but if that's the only method available then I would. The whole eyestrain thing...having to take frequent breaks... kind of annoying. That is interesting that there is a model with a video out, though. That would make song writing a lot more tolerable. Not to mention it opens up some sweet possibilities for visuals at live shows big_smile.

Would much much much rather have an editor/emulator on the computer that I could then transfer the song to the cart and then play it on the VB.

NES GB land

I have always wanted to make music for the Nintendo Virtual Boy.
So I made a color pallet for MillkyTracker.
http://2a03.free.fr/dl.php?file=4008

ad-hell-aide

ha, i started work on a virtual boy midi interface a week ago lol

ad-hell-aide

very preliminary work!

matt's mind

woah, i started working on a vb flash cart about a week ago!

this might just be a bit of fun....

and, likewise, very preliminary

ad-hell-aide

big_smile

Gosford, Australia

little scale, MIDI controlling the universe
exciting stuff!

Rhode Island
little-scale wrote:

ha, i started work on a virtual boy midi interface a week ago lol

finally my virtual boy can do more than collect dust on the shelf!

Really, the only thing the Virtual Boy might hurt is your back.  The stands are terrible and break easily, so it's often hard to set one up in a comfortable position. But your eyes will be fine.  At least, mine are, and I just got back from a lengthy playing session.

EDIT: I think I just won international awards for necroposting. Holy Primus.

Last edited by Quint (DLN-001) (May 6, 2017 11:29 pm)