Chicago IL

I mean, I put out both IAYD's Dirty Electricity and Wizwars' Game Boy Rock EP, which some of the songs are from on this EP, so I think I know what I'm talking about.

Seattle, WA US
nickmaynard wrote:

you're really not coming off well in this exchange dude.

never been a large concern of mine

#sorrynotsorry

#YOLO

#marioatarave

Brooklyn NY US

Damn, what the hell happened?

Wizwars rules, these original tracks ruled when they first came out, these new versions with accompaniment rule now, IAYD rules, I hear no major similarities in the artists' instrumentation, I've listened to both acts for years and I've never once thought of Wizwars as in any way swiping from IAYD, and lastly "ripping off" does in fact mean "steal" so I think Wizwars is on-point in taking exception to that remark.

Plus if seeking to recreate a nice-sounding instrument constitutes "ripping off," then I doubt anyone here is innocent.

Anyway, props to Wizwars & Dark Warriors, this stuff is awesome.

buffalo, NY

Love Wizzy, love Riders.  This is great stoof

Utah

Too much sexy. Nicely done.

Bristol, UK

This is awesome, if i'm honest not as awesome as Wizwars though.

Unsubscribe

WHOLE LEE FUUH CUK

i've had several people since last night send me this thread. i couldn't even remember my cm.o password. fuck and i put this site in white too what was i thinking

Unsubscribe

DUDE THAT POST IS JSUT LIKE ONE WIZWARS WOULD WRITE

Puerto Rico

Downloaded. smile

Abandoned on Fire

Have ever noticed that Wizwars and IAYD are never seen in the same room together?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

matt's mind
Wizwars wrote:

Because that's how people did things in 2008.

a more civilized age....

Westfield, NJ

I just want to go on record and say that I rip off other artists' instrument sounds, usually with their permission and I see nothing wrong with that.

ohio gozaimasu

Anyone notice how both this EP and Anamanaguchi's "Power Supply" feature guitar sounds?

Last edited by Cooshinator (Feb 1, 2013 3:46 am)

San Diego, CA
boaconstructor wrote:

Don't think one time I used the words "stealing" or "steal" or "stole" or "stolen" but if you wanna put words in my mouth that's up to you. There's a difference between putting your name on somebody else's work and writing your music so it sounds just like somebody else's work.. not sure which one is more shameful.

I think you're getting awfully defensive for somebody who has done nothing wrong.. and I'm almost certain that I've seen you be accused of jocking on IAYD's style in the past.

Here's my problem with this: if you were honestly, genuinely concerned that Wizwars stole or ripped off someone's music, why didn't you just contact him privately? There are multiple channels through which to reach him; why did you choose the most public one? It makes me feel like all you're trying to do is start drama, and given your posting history on this site, I don't think that I'm too far off from that. People use this forum to talk about something they enjoy and want to take part in -- I would really rather you not treat this as your personal playground to say whatever comes to your mind, because these kinds of accusations actually mean things to real people.

I've known Wizwars for a couple years now and the last thing I'd accuse him of is stealing other people's sounds.

Seattle, WA US

wink