Florida

I'm trying to make a few impressive audio-visual thingies for my website. What's the best editing software for this type of junk? Open source would be ideal, but inexpensive is fine too. That said, I'll take any recommendations.

.FILTHadelphia

Snap to BPM? Does that exist? I've always had to chop up video to sync with songs.

EDIT: I like CyberLink's PowerDirector. Pretty solid software, easy to use and at $80 not too bad for video editing stuff.

Last edited by defiantsystems (Feb 1, 2013 10:55 pm)

Florida

I don't know, that may be wishful thinking. As long as there's some kind of BPM grid on the timeline or something.

.FILTHadelphia
Jay Tholen wrote:

I don't know, that may be wishful thinking. As long as there's some kind of BPM grid on the timeline or something.

I'm not an expert but I've tried different video editors and have never seen such a feature. If there is that would be amazing because slicing video to an exact beat gets a little frustrating.

Chicago IL

ableton treats video clips the same way it treats audio clips. you'd need to do most of the video work in something else though.

but i did this in ableton cause i was bored

Florida
Saskrotch wrote:

ableton treats video clips the same way it treats audio clips. you'd need to do most of the video work in something else though.

but i did this in ableton cause i was bored

Oh my goodness. How have I not known about this. Nevermind guys, this is exactly what I needed.

England

Vegas Video works in kinda the same way as Acid does for audio, drag and drop whatever into a timeline.

oh sorry i just looked and it is quite expencive :(

Last edited by Jellica (Feb 2, 2013 10:00 am)