Hello,

I'm launching a Kickstarter campaign in about month for a series of short documentaries covering different areas of geek culture. Topics will include custom vinyl toy artists, different local chiptune scenes, art collectives/galleries/exhibits, indie games, competitive gaming, comic artists, bloggers, geeky t-shirt brands, small gadget companies, and more.

I'm reaching out to the chipmusic community to see if any artists would like to donate an exclusive track to be used in a digital compilation that we'll be offering to our Kickstarter backers. So far I have Philly chiptunist and all-around rad dude Ro-Bear on board, but we nee a few more peeps to flesh out the comp.

Some of our other Kickstarter incentives include a pack of desktop/pc/tablet wallpapers designed for us by some pretty rad artists like webcomic artist Mare Odomo (Letters to an Absent Father) and Shawn Smith (former editor of Electronic Gaming Monthly, founder of Shawnimals), a limited edition resin figure of the Albotas mascot, a picture book full of geeky graffiti based on comix, games, and other cool geeky stuff, and another book that's basically the same thing, but instead of graffiti it's custom vinyl toys.

I don't really get on this thing often enough to check for replies, but if you're interested, please email me at brownkidd(at)albotas(dot)com. We're shooting for a 2/15-2-20 deadline for music to be submitted.

Thanks and stay awesome.

Last edited by brownkidd (Feb 5, 2013 2:29 pm)

BOSTON

personally, I think you should probably just ask specific artists that you feel an affinity for rather than just let randoms pour in.

right?

Detroit, Michigan
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

personally, I think you should probably just ask specific artists that you feel an affinity for rather than just let randoms pour in.

right?

This ^^^

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK
snesei wrote:
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

right?

This ^^^

Triple Town. ^^^

Austin, TX
brownkidd wrote:

geek culture

Madriz, Supain

I haz thickrimmed glasses, am I geek enough?

Or just let a ton of people send songs and let him choose what he thinks fits....

Swansea, UK

Did else submit to this? I've had no news back for a number of weeks now.