In the track "Mouth Full of Ashes" by Electric Children the voice has this strange effect on it at 2:46 and it sounds really nice.
Cheesy and young sounding but I like it. I wanna know what is done to that to get that close-to-the-mic distorted and slightly auto-tuned sound to it.
It just sounds filtered so nicely or something with it.

Chicago IL, USA

a link to the song would be beneficial to your cause.

Sweeeeeeden

"close-to-the-mic"
The voice is mixed in the center whereas the rest of the song has a very wide stereo image.

"distorted"
That part is just some form of light distortion.

"slightly auto-tuned sound"
Likely several takes of the same phrase overdubbed. And/or a comb filter or flanger/phaser with the LFO modulation turned off.

Douglas, Wyoming

Sounds like it's just a few tracks reverberated and separated into different channels (one to the left speaker, one to the right speaker)

Chicago IL

he probably spent time learning the program and experimenting with sound, might be a good thing to try

edit: i didn't even read the thread and assumed this was about LSDJ but i think my suggestion still stands

Last edited by Saskrotch (Feb 4, 2013 3:07 am)

canada

u r on fire sksrtch

good job : ' }

Unfortunately I just got my modded and ready-to-go DMG  from 8BitAesthetics today. I still need a way of getting LSDJ. I've never done raw hardware Chiptune before on a Gameboy and I want to try it. Before I was always using software such as FL Studio and a shit ton of plugins, or Nanoloop on my iPhone to produce Chiptune. But it never sounded as good as the original stuff I hear.

Could anyone direct me to exactly where I could get ahold of LSDJ?
Because I keep seeing that it's not available anymore. All I know is I'm suppose to get a flash cartridge, which by my guess is a blank cartridge with nothing on it? So how the hell do I get LSDJ? DX

England

have you tried the lsdj website?

England

Also if you are in the UK, dont use Transformer.

Goodness knows why he is listed there.

I was getting a flash cart from Kitsch.
I'm in the US.

BK

go to littlesounddj.com, buy a license, and when you get your cart let Kitsch know your license information and he'll flash it for you (  I believe this is still something he does)