London, UK

Bloody hell, this is astonishing. (And really making me feel hopelessly inadequate about everything I'm working on myself at the minute.)

London, UK

Bumping this again just because I can't stop listening to this. Comfortably the best thing the chipscene ** has thrown up so far this decade, and deserving of a much wider audience.

** or whatever your preferred term

England

yes this is supaaaaaaa nice. early autechre with a hint of drexciya which is probably a good thing.

Last edited by Jellica (Jan 31, 2013 12:15 pm)

Westfield, NJ

yo not to be a dick, this is definitely one of the greatest chip releases I've ever head and I love 8bp a bunch, but 192kbps mp3? seriously? not even 256 or v0 or the almighty 320? Or FLAC???

I mean I would pay $20 to have this on wax.

Unsubscribe

Dude needs to save his delux version for the sellout.

Eanske, Holland
herr_prof wrote:

Dude needs to save his delux version for the sellout.

/me puts on a bra and stockings...

Robotcity, the year 20XX

Fuck you Julian and your talent big_smile

Eanske, Holland
Heosphoros wrote:

dude's got a pretty elastic face realy

good. VERY GOOD.

Eanske, Holland

oh speaking of autechre: the new release (exai) is boring as hell again. Move of ten, oversteps, untilted, draft 7.30, they're all equally annoying imo and don't add anything fresh.

Chicago IL

i think draft 7.30 was the last one i liked. i was hoping the download i got of exai was a fake

Eanske, Holland
Saskrotch wrote:

i think draft 7.30 was the last one i liked. i was hoping the download i got of exai was a fake

Quaristice's opener was nice though, and every album has had a decent track
at least but it's just been endless repetitions in...
whatever it is they're trying to accomplish.
You can prelisten on bleep but i'm afraid it ain't fake haha

Earth
poke-1,170 wrote:

oh speaking of autechre: the new release (exai) is boring as hell again. Move of ten, oversteps, untilted, draft 7.30, they're all equally annoying imo and don't add anything fresh.

Thanks for the heads up. I have to at least give it the requisite listen-through.

shanghai

hmmm each to their own
i love incanabula / amber / chiastic of course
i didnt dig untitled - too fast and drilling

but Quaristice is possibly my favourite ae record. but i couldn't explain why that is to be honest ? Come on 'the PLC' - totally amazing tune.But i get what people are saying though. When i first played Quaristice I never played it again for a year, but then when i re-listened - there was something about it i found sort of absorbing.
I thought Oversteps was good in places , not so in others - but Move of Ten had some amazing pieces on it - its a record i still listen to frequently.

but i will say this, my good friend has built some INSANE samplers/grooveboxes/manglers in Reaktor 5.5, and when he has them controlled by Octatrack there are time he presses play and it sounds exactly like the last few ae records. Its all very generative and i can see why people dont like it. Im convinced if my freind pressed record on his latest ensemble for an hour and then split it into segments you could quite easily play it to people and tell them it was autechre.

Now that i've seen him do that shit controlling basically just the crossfader on the octatrack (which admittedly progamming wise is mad complex - all routed to shit thats routed to lfo thats routed to sample length etc etc) it has taken the shine off some of autechres sounds.

But i always get into their newer records after a few listens. Sometimes i want to listen to music that is just fucking odd, they push the boundaries of sound design and synthesis - whether or not that kind opf stuff is nice to listen to is up to the listener...but for me its the perfect soundtrack when im making some electronics or scanning photo's or something like that

São Paulo, Brazil

Autechre just released a 2h30m album FYI.