The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Bit wish wrote:

Im just trying to say some notable female chip artist.

lol

New Albany Indiana
Auxcide wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

Im just trying to say some notable female chip artist.

lol

glad someone got the joke.

Abandoned on Fire

Bit Face (already mentioned or no?)

I think je mappelle is but im not sure

New Albany Indiana

It came to me yesterday that kibbi might be a female.

lolusa
Lazerbeat wrote:
ovenrake wrote:

these are all good artists, but you forgot Coova

Coova is the third post, now known as orloc.

comes out cave
woah

babylon

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/10146 … c-artists/

Last edited by walter b. gentle (Feb 10, 2013 3:53 am)

Dublin, Ireland

There are none... D:

Savannah, Georgia

i find it offensive that there's a whole thread about female chipmusic artists exclusively and then when a male chipmusic artist thread comes up it gets graveyarded. sexism in chipmusic = not cool. mad

Chicago IL

I just think it's ironic that the closing post was "not required".

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Aeros wrote:

i find it offensive that there's a whole thread about female chipmusic artists exclusively and then when a male chipmusic artist thread comes up it gets graveyarded. sexism in chipmusic = not cool. mad

there is an international feminist conspiracy against male chiptuners, hide

babylon

any thread were someone wants to know about artist within one demographic,  wether it be race - sex - orientation,  regardless of quality is stupid. especially one that starts with hey guise i bought chiptone gear this week.

xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx wrote:
Aeros wrote:

there is an international feminist conspiracy against male chiptuners, hide

butts

Tokyo, Japan
walter b. gentle wrote:

any thread were someone wants to know about artist within one demographic,  wether it be race - sex - orientation,  regardless of quality is stupid. especially one that starts with hey guise i bought chiptone gear this week.

What about if you are applying for grants for women in arts?

Sweeeeeeden
Aeros wrote:

walter b. gentle wrote:

The reason why this thread exists is because is because female artists are assumed to be underappreciated and/or in a minority. It's also possible that it passed some people by that certain artists are female. I was surprised by some of the names as I've only heard their music but never reflected on which sex they might be. And I think (or at least hope) that people are posting names of artists that they actually enjoy listening to, not just because they're female. Listing all male chip artists would just be listing most artists overall, which is pretty pointless. I shouldn't even have to explain this. Boaconstructor's thread was just reactionary.

My Igloo
token wrote:

I think je mappelle is but im not sure

No, hes a guy as far as I know. How did you come to think that btw (just curious,haha)?

Last edited by PolarBirds (Feb 10, 2013 12:06 pm)