Hey guys! I'm looking to make an ambient pad for one of my songs, and I was wondering how the hell you could do that in famitracker, if at all xD

If not, anyone know of a good site for DPCM samples where I can maybe find where I'm looking for?

Thanks.

-Peekachoo

California, United States

What you are asking for is kind of hard to do well, if you really want that ambient sound, play around with custom vrc7 patches, or just add it in audacity when you've finished the song, if you really want to do it through DPCM though it's not impossible, just know that it will most likely sound bad, be very short and/or have a lot of noise artifacts you also won't be able to change volume. Necrophageon did a good example of this however, check out his FTM here -> http://famitracker.com/forum/posts.php?id=4318 I would ask him before you take those samples though, I'm only intending that to be an example. Hope this helps, really the best thing to do would be to add it in post, otherwise it's not really worth it. (IMHO)

Youngstown, OH

Hm. I would probably first try experimenting with some arp instruments in a softer pulse width, then pairing those with the noise channel and doing some volume swells between the two. But that also takes up a whole two channels. The DPCM route might work, I've found samples of explosions and jet noises out there that might achieve something close to an ambient effect with some experimentation.

Thanks a bunch Doxic. Wow, what a song. Definely hope I get to that level some day xD And thanks to you too sleepytime, I'll experiment with that and see which method works best out of the two you guys suggested smile