San Francisco

I have a 2600 I got awhile back. A Box of games(will update with a list when I can) It works could probably use alittle TLC. I just trying to give it a better home, open to whatever prices. Willing to trade for a genesis, dmgs, or anything else you feel is a worthy trade. Open to any questions or comments. Thank you

lVoVl

Texas

That sounds awesome. Haven't seen a working 2600 in a while. Do you have a price in mind? And does one of the games you have happen to be Pitfall?

Medina, Ohio
float.bridges wrote:

That sounds awesome. Haven't seen a working 2600 in a while. Do you have a price in mind? And does one of the games you have happen to be Pitfall?

I see 2600s come up more often than "a while".  I have a working one with pitfall.

Texas

I don't think I've ever looked online, which is likely my fatal flaw in this scenario. And I miss Pitfall, man.

Well, I don't want to hijack the thread but if this guy doesn't sell to you, and you're interested, I'm willing to part with mine.  Only downside is I don't have controllers.  They got lost in a move but I've seen them cheap on eBay.

Texas

That'd be rad! I've also heard that Sega Genesis controllers work on the 2600 for whatever reason.

Chicago IL
float.bridges wrote:

That'd be rad! I've also heard that Sega Genesis controllers work on the 2600 for whatever reason.

pretty much anything with a female DB9 will work. Sega Genesis and Master System controllers are both DB9.

Texas

That's cool. I've got tons of Genesis and MS controllers lying around. Does Commodore have the same pinout, too?

EDIT: @nerdsome What model is yours? A wood grain?

Last edited by float.bridges (Feb 13, 2013 4:02 am)

Saskrotch wrote:
float.bridges wrote:

pretty much anything with a female DB9 will work. Sega Genesis and Master System controllers are both DB9.

That's cool.  I've never heard that before.  I don't have any Sega controllers to try it out though.

Texas

Genesis controllers generally run at like 5 bucks. No harm in trying it out! I definitely want to when I can

Chicago IL
nerdsome wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

That's cool.  I've never heard that before.  I don't have any Sega controllers to try it out though.

i've been using a Genesis pad with my Master System just cause the SMS controller's D-Pad is junk.