Unsubscribe

Then how about soundcloud integration.

Los Angeles
herr_prof wrote:

Then how about soundcloud integration.

Not a bad idea- just how to integrate it all for seamlessness with the current library. Unless we removed our own all together.

Milwaukee, WI

I'm totally down with this idea.  Limit to 5 tracks (or heck, even less) and integrate the weekly beats style player. smile

Abandoned on Fire

Or maybe just a "disk space max" for each user so if you were uploading mods or sids you could have a lot but rendered tracks would use up your quota really fast.  Might encourage more source sharing?

Chicago IL

The only negative thing I can think of about this, is that there will be a shit ton more threads of people announcing they posted a single track on soundcloud or what have you

Los Angeles
egr wrote:

Or maybe just a "disk space max" for each user so if you were uploading mods or sids you could have a lot but rendered tracks would use up your quota really fast.  Might encourage more source sharing?

But it would be nice to have mp3s for the music players... Reminds me that I want the ability to attach a source mod / sid / whatever to a mp3 post.

Los Angeles
Saskrotch wrote:

The only negative thing I can think of about this, is that there will be a shit ton more threads of people announcing they posted a single track on soundcloud or what have you

Maybe we should have soundcloud integration in general, or at least a link to field.

trash80 wrote:

Maybe we should have soundcloud integration

I for one think this would be cool. Not that I would have any problem really with keeping the current system but limited to 5 tracks. But if you're fishing for people's opinions, there you go wink

It would suck though to not be able to upload an .nsf or non-soundcloud supported formats that happen to be popular/semi-popular here, i guess.

rochester, ny

totally fine with this change.

Chicago IL
trash80 wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

Maybe we should have soundcloud integration in general, or at least a link to field.

Yeah, I mean I don't know anything about anything, especially coding, but it would be cool if you could add a soundcloud file to your song list.

canada

i agree with egr in that there should be a cap on data rather than a limited number of songs~

vancouver, canada

from taking a quick peek at the soundcloud player api, playback functionality seems pretty straightforward actually:

http://developers.soundcloud.com/docs/custom-player

as long as you have the URL of a track or set, all you'd have to do is to instantiate the given jQuery plugin on it.   then it's just a matter of doing the appropriate CSS tweaks to the standard Custom Player stylesheet.

Montreal, Canada

How about... each user has a limited number of song/disk space/whatever, but when a song is really popular/good/amazing/godlike/omgtits then it gets integrated into a 'public' library, thus freeing up the artist's quota? That would encourage both the artists to post only good song, AND make sure the classics don't get lost in obsolescence? It would also create a good database of the best songs that the people voted for. Meh? Just an idea.

I think this limiting thing is a great idea. Much like how when you want to brag to an employer, you don't always want to bombard them with your full resume (your bandcamp+soundcloud discography), sometimes you just need to state your most recent or main defining details.

I think it is a classy move, listen to 5 songs that a user chooses to upload and that be their self-defined sound for this site.

Gosford, Australia

welp, just went ahead and cleaned up my profile in preparation. my body is ready!

Murcia, Spain
trash80 wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

SoundCloud integration sounds perfect!