snesei wrote:

Why do you people drill holes into white boys, its too scarce and beautiful. Just do internal prosound, sounds the same

Exactly what I thought when I saw that one with the hole in it.

Last edited by BlakePalmer (Mar 20, 2018 10:58 pm)

LA:CA

How rare is a white boy like a scale from 1-10

Based on the current count in eBay I would say 1 out of 500ish.

I have 3 lol they yellowed to hell hmm

White is the rarest of the PIL series.  Obviously that seller on eBay has his hopes set high though.  $280 for that white DMG is not worth it if you look at the pictures closer.  The thing is very dirty and that switch on the bottom is badly installed.

nerdsome wrote:

White is the rarest of the PIL series.  Obviously that seller on eBay has his hopes set high though.  $280 for that white DMG is not worth it if you look at the pictures closer.  The thing is very dirty and that switch on the bottom is badly installed.

The second picture is from Reformat the Planet. This is the exact Gameboy Nullsleep used during his interviews. I messaged him about it, and it was part of a batch of like 4 or 5 Gameboys he had sold and has seen float around ever since. I remember flipping out over it and posting these pics on Facebook. The giveaway was the lightswitch on the bottom.

matt's mind

^ i remember this gameboy being flipped out about

i have a hunch thats a mash-mods frontlight kit, and not a pull.  just from the timeframe of it's being used/installed.

kitsch wrote:

i have a hunch thats a mash-mods frontlight kit, and not a pull.  just from the timeframe of it's being used/installed.

For reference, it was mentioned in the documentary that there was a bit of backlight envy at the time it was filmed, something along the lines of "He had some guy crack the Gameboys open and put lights in all the screens." And yeah, it was probably mash-mods when you also consider what other internal lighting options there were.

Ok, maybe it's worth $280 as a collectors item since it was used by Nullsleep...  Too bad it's not autographed though.

Westfield, NJ

I have a black mint in box gameboy I might be willing to part with.

KC

decktonic I pm'd you if you haven't seen it yet

check yo inbox please!

Brisbane, Australia

I picked up the whole set of original DMGs off ebay a little while back. Check it!

There's still a few missing from my collection though... Namely the Pink Kirby DMG, the Planet Hollywood DMG and the beautiful Black Wario DMG. (If you have one, i'll buy it. No questions asked!)

Last edited by jackary (May 26, 2013 4:18 am)