Playboy Man-Baby
SketchMan3 wrote:

As for things that would be interesting to see at any live event, streamed or not,  It'd be cool to see some kind of tracker shed-session type thing in which you'd have 2 or more artists synced to a machine with a click track (or bassline or drum beat), and they'd go around the room taking turns showing off their impromptu/deaf tracking/tabling/composing/EQing/etc. skills for 2-4 bars each. Since composing is a bit different than playing a live instrument. Kind of like a freestyle battle, they'd get a couple of bars to do the sequencing equivalent of "Oh! yeah, uh huh, Ungh, alright, alright, I got dis" that freestylers use while their thinking of what to say next, lol.

And then at the end everybody triggers their phrases at the same time for a fun chaotic mess.

Kind of irrelevant to the topic, I know, and it relies on having the artists in the same venue together, but still, it could be fun.

yesyesohgodyes and I sometimes go chipbusking and we create tracks in live mode from scratch on the fly in LSDj with two gameboys and a link cable. We take turns switching off per song on who's running Master and Slave sync. It's a good system.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Dec 21, 2012 12:21 pm)

Dubtropolis

i like the chat roomz

Baltimore, MD

My how to guide for producing a web show with remote visuals and remote audio.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/157762/#p157762