Tacoma, WA

T-Town (Tacoma) is the sh!t... As has been said, Dorkies barcade is the venue for a lot of the chip shows. Being a senior in high school right now, I haven't had much time in the last 3 or 4 months to go to a lot of the shows but the ones I have gone to were just awesome. Oh, I also noticed that y'all left out Stenobot on the list of chip artists. If anyone knows of any shows or open mics coming up, I would love to know so I could get some stuff together and gain some experience. If you do move to Washington, or the Northwest, the most abundant thing I find is easygoing-ness (-.- terrible grammer). By this I mean that most folks, with the exception of the occasional few, are accepting of different people and are good about reserving their judgements. We would love to have you move out here!

Last edited by Vellain (Jan 18, 2013 4:29 am)

Boise, ID

what we need (or what I want) is someone else making chip in ID. Boise definitely has a little of that indie-ish, NW feel musicwise, and I bet a chiptune community would thrive here if a few people would just get it going.

Boise, ID
ShintarouMusic wrote:

what we need (or what I want) is someone else making chip in ID. Boise definitely has a little of that indie-ish, NW feel musicwise, and I bet a chiptune community would thrive here if a few people would just get it going.

I recently started performing in downtown boise and tend to hang out @ spacebar. Ive been getting a lot of people asking about what chip music is. I'm playing at TreeFort, Come say hi! I'd love to meet another chip enthusiast.

Chicago, IL

There is an episode of Portlandia that shows a dude playing chiptune if that means something.

Sergy, France

Hey hey, I'm thinking about moving to Seattle (for UW). I'm a Piko Piko Detroit dude, I'm going to be in Seattle March 26 - March 29, gonna at least play a small house show at the place I'm staying at. PM me if you wanna chip together/hang out/etc. If I move out, I really wanna get involved with the chip scene! I'm still full of energy from PPD ^^ heart

Westfield, NJ

Due to some weird trickery, I will be in Seattle March 31 - April 3.

I know that's a very short window but if any shows are going down let me know!

Otherwise I definitely plan to visit Seattle again later this year smile

lolusa
nikola wrote:

Hey hey, I'm thinking about moving to Seattle (for UW). I'm a Piko Piko Detroit dude, I'm going to be in Seattle March 26 - March 29, gonna at least play a small house show at the place I'm staying at. PM me if you wanna chip together/hang out/etc. If I move out, I really wanna get involved with the chip scene! I'm still full of energy from PPD ^^ heart

i advise anyone in seattle to see his set, I was blown away at 8static cool