I'm curious to see what people listen to, including anything and everything. I'm fairly open minded when it comes to music but i always end up gravitating to electronic. I was and still am into electro, chillstep, or whatever... it's kind of backwards (or natural?) that my discovery of chipmusic stemmed from an interest in modern electronic music but yeh that's my deal.
anyway post producers or specific tracks or whatevers, I'd like to see what you guys are into.

South Korea

The Nightwatchman
Iron Maiden
Weedeater
Tera Melos
Rx Bandits
Ronald Jenkees
Mad Capsule Markets
Johnny Neon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biEao1MmvmQ)

Chicago IL

Gosford, Australia

girlfriend showed me this mexican band called the plastics revolution - a bit of indie beer ad music laced with latin synth jams. v fresh!
always rocking the decemberists and the hush sound in the car.
aaaaand i just got back into antiskeptic - awesome aussie pop punk band from the best half of last decade
oh and heaps of future garage thanks to my bro
and savant

Last edited by Victory Road (Mar 9, 2013 7:55 am)

ohgodno, Indiana

Been listening to alot of JP's work like:
All Leather
The Locust
Holy Molar

England

I like to absorb lots of things.

At the moment I have been listening to:

Autechre EPs box set
Ariel Pink old albums
DJ Rupture mix CDs
Shangaan Electro Compilation
Pere Ubu
Burial
Daphni
Talking Heads
Metal Dance compilation
wha ha ha
lee gamble

Last edited by Jellica (Mar 9, 2013 8:56 am)

Mostly anything without vocals, with minor exceptions. Anything electronic, orchestrated... you name it. I mostly like chiptunes though, especially those authentic NES, Gameboy sounding ones.

hardcore, Australia
Victory Road wrote:

girlfriend showed me this mexican band called the plastics revolution - a bit of indie beer ad music laced with latin synth jams. v fresh!
always rocking the decemberists and the hush sound in the car.
aaaaand i just got back into antiskeptic - awesome aussie pop punk band from the best half of last decade
oh and heaps of future garage thanks to my bro
and savant

Antiskeptic were a band I saw a few times as a young teen. But it got ruined for me when I found out they were a Christian band and I couldn't help hearing references to "him" and salvation through it all. Especially their last album which was more open about it.

Abandoned on Fire

When not listening to chip-related stuff (or classics from my 90s high school days) I'm prob listening to heavy blues:

The Delta Saints

Muddy Waters

R. L. Burnside

Los Angeles, CA

They Might Be Giants
Future of The Left
Fight Like Apes
Mastodon
Pig Destroyer
Queens of The Stone Age
The Paper Chase
Cinemechanica
Gaza

IL, US

holy shit, annother paper chase fan

my top few from my last.fm over the last couple years

the paper chase
end
cex
man or astro-man?
wu-tang clan
milemarker
public enemy
dj vadim
girls against boys
dalek
the coup
kid606
kool keith
the ramones
fugazi

Bristol

Future of the Left! Yesss. Seen that band so many times

Lately my car has been full of At The Drive In and Nine Inch Nails CDs, at home been on the new My Bloody Valentine LP and Mogwai.

Gosford, Australia
godinpants wrote:

Antiskeptic were a band I saw a few times as a young teen. But it got ruined for me when I found out they were a Christian band and I couldn't help hearing references to "him" and salvation through it all. Especially their last album which was more open about it.

yeah definitely.  the last album was pretty sucky on most accounts but aurora is rad imo.
i grew up as a "church kid" so the times i saw them live were at that old black stump festival haha. they still smashed it though.
praise tha lawd!!!

oh, speakin' of "christian" bands: i had emery & underoath on all afternoon. my fringe length doubled in just hours.

Los Angeles, CA
liquidcalm wrote:

Future of the Left! Yesss. Seen that band so many times

Never have I felt so hollow as when I missed them an hour away from me with Andrew Jackson Jihad.

e.s.c. wrote:

holy shit, annother paper chase fan

Woah!

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

According to my last fm top 10 of the last week:
Mastodon
Kylesa
Slayer
In Flames
Rolo Tomassi
Fear Before The March Of Flames
Fucking Werewolf Asso
Nine Inch Nails
Captain Ahab
Cutting Pink With Knives

A gray world of dread

My last.fm sez:

Aesop Rock
Stars of the Lid
Boards of Canada
Otep
Extrawelt
aivi & surasshu
Aphex Twin
NASA Voyager Recordings
Emperor
Lustmord

The aivi & surasshu album is amazing, everyone should pick that up.
The Voyager recordings are great ambient, but ~8 hours of EM drone might be an acquired taste. tongue