Orange County,CA /Las Vegas NV

I dont want a dmg I already have one prosounded. Now I have another question. What if I choose not to prosound my new gbs can I still my good tunes. Like would the buzz sound like shit on recording? thanx

Taichung, Taiwan

To my understanding, there are chiptune artists that record and perform through the regular headphone jack and no prosound. It's personal preference really. Some people like Prosound, others say fuck it and play!

matt's mind

there are quite a few no-prosound 'purists' actually.  some of them are very well known and their albums don't reflect the lack of prosound one bit!  you'd never know, in fact...

IL, US

i still only have one prosound. not a huge issue, i kill the hum with noise reduction in post production

Chicago IL

I dunno what "can I still my good tunes. " means, but prosound doesn't effect anything as far as composition goes.

This page is always useful when trying to figure out what kind of gameboy you want to buy, it's a sound comparison

http://www.herbertweixelbaum.com/comparison.htm

But basically, prosound mods cut down on line level noise, they aren't really necessary, different GB models have different sound characteristics, and you should see which is right for the sound you want.

Portsmouth, Uk

My New DMG-01 Came Thru The Other Day, Issue Wit Powerin From Battery But Works Perfectly With A Powerpack. This Is The One I Definately Gonna Mod (Backlight As A Starter)

Is It Worth Moddin My GBC And My GBA For LSDJ?

Will Be Chattin To Kitsch Alot Soon I Feel, Unless He Has A Europe (England) BAse Of Sales/Friend With The Same High Praise

Swansea, UK

Why All The Capital Letters?

Check Out The Website Saskrotch Posted, And Make Your Mind Up. Having Tried Both I Prefer The Original Sound, So Don't Mod.

Portsmouth, Uk

I Wish I Could Explain The Cap Thing But It's Summit My Fingers Do Without Any Thought. If  I Am Typin Quickly I Cap, But If I Type Slowly I Can Eradicate It.

Sorry I Gone Off Topic Again........................................

TX

Honestly if you have a DMG already I'd get the color for a faster CPU, if the style you do/like needs it. Unless you just really like how the Pocket sounds based off that link above.

I have a Color and a DMG, enjoying their differences actually (neither is Pro Sounded).

Orange County,CA /Las Vegas NV

Thanks to all of you, all very good advice! I actually bought a black gb pocket with bluish purple button. The sound on it is amazing for what I am composing. Its processor is fast. The only con about it for me is the start up when I turn it on, well you know it takes like 5 seconds to go thru the powerup screen. Kind of a bitch on stage if Im trying to make a quick transition. but fuck it, Its beautiful and sound rich to me smile