Murcia, Spain

Hello!

I've recently gotten one of these cables. Just got a PS/2 keyboard from a friend and I thought it was plug and play... but it may not.

When I plug the keyboard's cable to the ASM adapter (being the DMG turned one) the 3 lights on the keyboard light up for a second and then turn off (that's "Num Lock", "Caps Lock" and "Scroll Lock"). After that I haven't managed to get any sound from it. I of course switched to keyboard sync on LSDJ but I must be doing something wrong...
I created a new song with new empty chains and phrases.

Am I doing something wrong or could it be that my keyboard isn't working properly?

EDIT: I've just realised that my PC has a PS/2 weird connection available and tried the LSDJ keyboard. It works perfectly (I am posting with it right now)... So it's not the keyboard itself then.

Last edited by DogTag (Mar 12, 2013 7:37 pm)

They're plug-and-play, yes. They're also all tested.

A few questions:
What version of LSDj are you using?
Are you booting with the keyboard plugged in, or plugging it in after boot?
Is the sequencer playing?

Also check your batteries, sometimes with low batteries the keyboard will power up but not work.

Feel free to use the contact form at the shop, by the way. I'm more than happy to help with product related troubleshooting.

Sweeeeeeden

Do you realize you need to have a phrase playing to be able to play something on the keyboard? You should be able to test if the keyboard works using the arrow keys without having anything playing. This should move the cursor.

Murcia, Spain
Apeshit wrote:

They're plug-and-play, yes. They're also all tested.

A few questions:
What version of LSDj are you using?
Are you booting with the keyboard plugged in, or plugging it in after boot?
Is the sequencer playing?

Also check your batteries, sometimes with low batteries the keyboard will power up but not work.

Feel free to use the contact form at the shop, by the way. I'm more than happy to help with product related troubleshooting.

Sorry! I was just asking for general help, I'm sure you wouldn't let a faulty item get to a customer.

OK, problem solved! It was an issue with my instruments! I've got it working now. Thank you for your fast response!