Orange County,CA /Las Vegas NV

can I use radioshack 4 channel mixer for my gameboys, to plug into the venues PA? Thank you

Matthew Joseph Payne

sure

thaanks

washington

just a heads-up, if you ask vague questions, you'll get vague responses. the majority of this forum's population consists of sarcastic douches (myself included)

anyway, probably. it depends on what kind of outputs it has, but generally, you can get a cable or adapter to accommodate pretty much any type of connectors. generally, a sound system wants stereo 1/4" jacks, so if your mixer has stereo RCA outputs, get a DI box (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/direct-boxes) to convert them.

Matthew Joseph Payne

sorry, I was being sarcastic, I'm not usually a douche. wink

basspuddle's comment isn't entirely accurate. Playing live you're going to generally encounter one of three situations:

1. There is one mixer on the stage table that everyone is using to play their sets. Often this mixer will be a DJ mixer with RCA inputs primarily or only. This often happens at "chip shows".

2. A professional or semi-professional soundsystem is set up but they have no DI boxes, or only one DI box.

3. A professional soundsystem is set up and they have two DI boxes or a stereo DI box.

DI boxes almost universally take a 1/4" unbalanced input and output a balanced signal via XLR.

So the minimum to be prepared is to adapt whatever the output of your mixer is to stereo RCA, and then carry RCA->1/4" adapters for that (minimum cables, maximum flexibility). The next step would be to carry a stereo DI of your own, as well - that way you're ready to plug directly in via RCA, 1/4" or XLR.

So the extended version of my sarcastic answer is "Of course, you just need the right cables and maybe a DI box."

Last edited by kineticturtle (Mar 16, 2013 5:32 am)

I appreciate the response. It's very helpful. Yeah it was a bit vague too smile Wasn't sure on how to go about asking. So can I have a little list of an affordable stage setup? ex. like a di box, a litttle mixer and some cables. I'm sure everyones first time, well me I'm naive to live sound and I appreciate advice

washington

sorry

kineticturtle knows what's up

edit: first you need a cable like this that has a stereo 1/8" jack on one side, and dual RCA jacks on the other (or multiple, you need one for every gameboy you are running). Some RCA-1/4" adapters like these are handy if you need flexibility. Get a stereo DI like this one and run a XLR cable from that to the house mixer/system.

random side note: XLR equipment sometimes isn't in stereo, so you may want to run stereo 1/4" cables.

Last edited by basspuddle (Mar 16, 2013 6:47 am)

Gosford, Australia
basspuddle wrote:

random side note: XLR equipment sometimes isn't in stereo, so you may want to run stereo 1/4" cables.

even if you have a stereo 1/4" cable it's (almost certainly) going to be plugged into a mono input. bring two! tongue

I found a very cool site where a lot of useful information. Also there you can read about the guitars https://musiety.com/davison-guitars-ove … nal-price/

Victory Road wrote:
basspuddle wrote:

even if you have a stereo 1/4" cable it's (almost certainly) going to be plugged into a mono input. bring two! tongue

Yes especially since they may not even tell you that your jacked in mono.

The sound produced by this speaker is really loud. This will be a nice purchase for small and medium performances. It can easily handle the audience of more than a hundred people, so there is a lot of potential. MX212 is not only loud, but has rather clean tones as well. There are no problems neither with highs, nor with lows, and the mids are traditionally balanced. So, the hundreds of people will be able not to hear you only, but to hear you distinctly.Read more - https://musiety.com/the-best-2x12-guita … et-review/

The guitar is an imperfect instrument, with a preconceived intonation, in which the more the sound is clear and defined, the more imperfections are noticed. When Leo Fender begins working on the project of what would become the Telecaster, he realizes that he will have to overcome an obstacle: deprived of most of the harmonics that make the acoustics sound complex, the solid body electric guitar would have highlighted dramatic way the imperfections of intonation, much more than on acoustics. A fortiori with a very powerful pickup, stuck right next to the bridge, to detect the finer nuances.Read more at: https://musiety.com/the-best-telecaster-bridges/