Austin, TX

Hey everyone, I'm trying to make up a list of what cartridges will and will not work with the Mega Memory Card GameBoy accessory. I've currently got one internally installed in a DMG, but I noticed that my USB cart will not work (cart backup and passthrough) with the MMC. My non-USB flash cart works perfectly, it's memory can be fully backed up and restored, and the cart passthrough works perfectly. So, if anyone has a MMC and wouldn't mind contributing to this list, it would be greatly appreciated!

Compatible Cartridges:
  -32M Non-USB Smart Card

Non-Compatible Cartidges:
  -64M USB Smart Card

Murcia, Spain

Oh boy... I thought my 64M would work : /

Do you mean any cartridge (games included)? Or just flashcarts?

Czech republic

I use MMC to backup savs on my Smartboy cart. So it works for Smartboy.
I transfer savs from Smartboy to MMC and then from MMC to 64M USB Smart Card. Then usb download. So the MMC works with 64M in this direction - didn't need the other way so no idea about that.

Matthew Joseph Payne

I've used EMS 64MB smart cards with MMCs in both directions tons of times with no problems!

Last edited by kineticturtle (Mar 16, 2013 6:27 pm)

Austin, TX

Hmm I'm starting to think that there's probably just something wrong with my cart, maybe the lsdj version is too outdated or something... Once I get my other 64m USB cart back from a friend ill see if that one works. Thanks for the help!

Argentina

I use my MMC to backup my photos from GBCamera, then I write that sav to the EMS 64MB, and then backup the SAV from EMS using the USB cable. So for me also works!

LA:CA

EMS 64 is touchy as hell like it works on most games but my childhood red version that I Missingno'd when I didn't know it screws up the game and also the .sav doesn't transfer infact it says it is corrupted forcing it to restart....odd

Massachusetts, USA

My Mega Memory Card works great with my Drag 'N' Derp cart!

sweden

Boddah: Which version of the MMC are you using?

matt's mind

and also....

maybe if everyone posted the PCB revision of their EMS 64M carts?  it might help figure out if there is a trend among them.

if you open the case, the PCB ID is printed somewhere on the top right area (usually)

Scratch this. Thought it was the cartridge slot, but on second look, it seems to have the tabs to prevent misalignment.

Last edited by Apeshit (Mar 19, 2013 4:04 am)