Chicago

Hey everyone, I'm new here. Long time lurker who finally made the plunge and started working on stuff. I've been doing light mods (button mods mostly) on DMGs and MGBs for a while but finally decided to add a backlight to my MGB last night and I think I boned myself. Based on the image, does it appear to you all that I've damaged the leads on the ribbon when installing my backlight? I assume this is not fixable and found a "non-working" MGB (does not power on - LCD is probably still functional and is not modded) to transplant the LCD into this one if need be.

Any feedback is appreciated, and I'm happy to finally introduce myself to you all.

Taichung, Taiwan

In my experience, once you damage the ribbon cable on the Gameboy Pockets, it is nearly impossible to fix them. It is much more logical to just swap in a new LCD Screen from another Pocket.

I do have a spare Pocket with a backlight in it if you are interested.

Chicago
katsumbhong wrote:

In my experience, once you damage the ribbon cable on the Gameboy Pockets, it is nearly impossible to fix them. It is much more logical to just swap in a new LCD Screen from another Pocket.

I do have a spare Pocket with a backlight in it if you are interested.

Thanks for the quick response! I'm going to see if the non-working pocket I just bought's LCD is functional, and if it isn't I'll contact you about your spare. Thank you!