So a while back I randomly downloaded this program called Synder, and now I'm coming back to start using it, and I was wondering what people thought of it in terms of how authentic it sounds and options available compared to (what seems to be more popular) Goattracker.

The thing is it seems like this tracker barely exists on the internet at all.  I got it from here: (ctrl+f synder)

http://woolyss.com/chipmusic-chiptrackers.php

The author's website is here:

http://dawork.synchronus.de/

but seems to contain no reference to the tracker whatsoever.  I can't even find one single mention of this tracker with a google search, or from searching these forums.

The description on woolyss.com is "Full soundchip emulation : Commodore 64 (C64). It emulates the SID (MOS Technology 6581) soundchip."

Now I don't know much about C64 and SID based music, only that I like the sound of it and would like to meddle around with making some.  But this tracker seems pretty cool.  It has a random wave generator if you go to the new menu, which is a cool way to get a quick unique random sound.  It has 4 oscilators that you can visually see the waveform of, plus a preview of the final output.  Each osc has 2 sliders, the bottom picks a wave type and the top one picks it's amplitude.  There's an arpeggiator in the instrument editor and by all looks of things seems to be a pretty run of the mill chiptracker.  I guess it lacks a... filter... unless that's what "sweep" does.

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada

I really like the sound, and the instrument editor. But that interface man.... whoa. I've had more fun giving myself paper cuts on the nipples and laying face down in a shallow puddle of aftershave.

Also seems to be lacking in the pattern effect department from what I've seen. But the sound definitely is good. Dunno if it's authentic or not, but I'm the kind of guy who couldn't care less about that.

The interface is a bit weird but I found it mostly functional.  Pattern commands are lacking though.  Seems like there's just enough to make up for the fact that you can't adjust pattern length or global speed, it's all done with pattern effects, and anything else you want you have to do with the instrument editor.

England

i dont think you can really compare it to goattracker.

if it has a random wave generator and 4 oscilators i doubt you can play it on a c64, it sounds like it just tries to emulate a similar sound.

if you want a proper c64 thing then just use a c64 tracker in an emulator or goattracker or goattracker stereo (which gives you 2 filters and 6 channels)

^That's kind of what my gut feeling was, just wanted some kind of confirmation since I've never even seen it mentioned anywhere.  I have goattracker stereo and have been figuring it out, and I guess I just waned to confirm it was worth the effort.