Andrew Winzenburg wrote:
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

how much longer until we get animated tattoos

LED circuit body mods?

Aaaactually we're almost there.. And by that I just mean geeks in general. 

Subdermal, medicinal grade OLED displays. Image quality is HD. OLED is now a tested and true technology. Just not bendable enough yet. However it is close. Wireless LiPo rechargable batteries. Wireless link with computers. Edit and design your tattoo, any time, any where. Smartphone apps.

Theres one major fault: Having a 3x10 inch implant makes your skin sloppy and bloodlines run thin.
Also MRI scans, and accidents are a big no go.

There's more. People get RFID tags injected into theyr hand to use with locks and access control.
These tags are the same that are used on animals, and in some high-end clothing like Canada Goose winter parkas.

Also some people get injected very small silicon coated, or gold plated, neodynium magnets into theyr fingers. After some months of healing the body starts to enterpret the signals from the magnet. When you get close to electricity the magnet will spin inside your finger. The more energi, the faster it's spins.

This however is a very bad and sometimes painfull thing to do. Say you go get en MRI scan, the magnet will get ripped out. If you fail to remove the magnet before the shielding corrodes, the body itself will start utilizing the iron in the magnet. Then you are left with a random webbing of material that will shatter at some point. Very painfull. And the leftovers are carciogenic.

I also heard of a guy who wanted to get a bluetooth headset implanted. He designed it and everything. There's just no doctor that would do it.

Last edited by Glitch Militia (Mar 1, 2013 9:18 pm)

Texas

This picture quality it pretty bad. But, yeah. I got this tattoo about a year ago. I had been wanting a tattoo like this since I was like 15. So when I turned 18 I decided to go ahead and get it done, and I'm so glad I did.

amburgerzorro wrote:

This picture quality it pretty bad. But, yeah. I got this tattoo about a year ago. I had been wanting a tattoo like this since I was like 15. So when I turned 18 I decided to go ahead and get it done, and I'm so glad I did.

Nice one!  Getting the wrist tatted made my fingers tingly.  It was fun!

Texas
nerdsome wrote:
amburgerzorro wrote:

Nice one!  Getting the wrist tatted made my fingers tingly.  It was fun!

Thanks! Ha, I don't remember how it made my fingers feel. I just remember it not hurting as bad as I thought it would. Maybe because of all the adrenaline maaan. I dunno I was PUMPED.

Robotcity, the year 20XX

I got a lot of tattoos. I got my first one when I was 30. I gave it a lot of thought. The first three tattoos had a meaning:
- My daughter's name
- An ode to my deceased wife (only 28). (RE: godinpants: the name of your friend who died: why? Because.)
- Mega Man (yes, a videogame tattoo. Because I love videogames. They got me into chiptunes in the first place. And the artist was VERY GOOD. It took him 4 hours with the smallest needle. All lines are straight as an arrow and it hurt like hell. 
- The rest of my tattoos are because I like them: no meaning whatsoever. 

However, a few tips that are already stated on the previous pages:
1. Think it over. Think hard.
2. I would personally suggest not getting tattoos before you're over 25 or something. I believe that in between 15-25 your style/feelings/taste changes a lot. After 25 it seems to get consistent (but I am speaking for myself)
3. Look and ask around. You really want a good artist.
4. Don't shop for bargains. Cheap means crap

Last edited by Men of Mega (Mar 21, 2013 6:02 am)

Tokyo, Japan
Men of Mega wrote:

2. I would personally suggest not getting tattoos before you're over 25 or something. I believe that in between 15-25 your style/feelings/taste changes a lot. After 25 it seems to get consistent (but I am speaking for myself).

I totally agree tastes chance a lot. My one caveat is, I think getting tattoos when you are younger is totally fine if you are happy for them to be a kind of record of who you were are whatever time you got them rather than a statement of who you are now.

shanghai

got this a few months ago. came out pretty nice, dont know if i'll get another one. I wasn't a big fan of the pain, overall it was okay, but by the what felt like 6000th time they went over that thing it felt like shit lol

If this was your first, the wrist isn't also the best spot for no-pain.

Los Angeles, CA

I've had the idea to get the following tattooed on my arm for several years now, so I guess I'll do it...(in italic Times New Roman font and centered):

IN MY OWN
STRANGE WAY
I'VE ALWAYS BEEN
TRUE TO YOU...

If you know where it's from, we could probably be friends.

Also want to get something related to Wizwars somehow, either the logo or a Game Boy, hell maybe both. And a Misfits skull. I'm against band logos, but it's something to represent my love of punk rock since my teenage years, those days really shaped me into who I would eventually become and it would be nice to have something to honor that.

Tattoos are a personal thing and others opinion generally doesn't matter. My wife has some stupid tattoos that I make fun of her about, like the Smashing Pumpkins logo on her forearm. But as she's said, it was her second tattoo when she was 18, and that was her favorite band. She doesn't listen to them as much anymore but to her it represents a period of her life and she's still happy to have it, I guess that's all that really matters.

Last edited by Wizwars (Mar 21, 2013 2:44 pm)

Holland

Lolwut at all the gameboy tattoos here.

Wizwars wrote:

IN MY OWN
STRANGE WAY
I'VE ALWAYS BEEN
TRUE TO YOU...

If you know where it's from, we could probably be friends.

Morrissey!

Texas
Downstate wrote:

got this a few months ago. came out pretty nice, dont know if i'll get another one. I wasn't a big fan of the pain, overall it was okay, but by the what felt like 6000th time they went over that thing it felt like shit lol

Is this supposed to be an alchemy symbol for air or earth? I really like the way it looks, even if it's not. I was just wondering if that's what it was meant to be, haha. Either way, nice.

Madriz, Supain
amburgerzorro wrote:
Downstate wrote:

Is this supposed to be an alchemy symbol for air or earth? I really like the way it looks, even if it's not. I was just wondering if that's what it was meant to be, haha. Either way, nice.

My exwife got her armpits tattoed with air logos and we used to call it ink deodorant. It was cool.

Sydney, NSW
xylo wrote:

Lolwut at all the gameboy tattoos here.

baby face's is pretty killer though!

shanghai
amburgerzorro wrote:
Downstate wrote:

yep thats what it is. I was having trouble on settling what way up it should be, i figure a personnel tattoo should read the right way up to me, and a random tat should read correctly to someone looking at me, then i saw this that reads both ways and was like yeaaah thats the one : )

西安
Downstate wrote:

Sick!

Except your cluttered desktop...made my OCD unhappy tongue