New Albany Indiana

So i posted a while ago that i was re-installing my 1/8" pro sound mod and adding a rca mod also, then after the prosound was re-installed the sound was extremely low turned all the way up. Now, the volume wheel controls wither the sound come from the left or the right stereo, but the sound mostly favors the right. 

My question: Is this fixable?
Whats wrong?

Chances are a connection isn't very well made between the wire and a pin on the board, or on the jack. Try using new wires (current ones may have shorts) if rewiring with the same components isn't helping fix the problem.

Indiana

are you referring to the audio from the rca output? double check your jacks are wired correctly.

New Albany Indiana

I took off the rca yesterday, all this stuff is from the prosound jack.

New Albany Indiana
thebitman wrote:

Chances are a connection isn't very well made between the wire and a pin on the board, or on the jack. Try using new wires (current ones may have shorts) if rewiring with the same components isn't helping fix the problem.

Ill try this, the ones kitsch got me were kinda cheap.

New Albany Indiana

The game boy is broken, well at least the half that the prosound is on. The gameboy speaker gets louder than usual, and it blew my batteries up last night.

matt's mind
Bit wish wrote:

the ones kitsch got me were kinda cheap.

(you actually get pretty good quality hookup wire from us.  unnecessarily good.  alpha or amphenol is all we've used in kits so far)

a break in the wiring wouldn't cause all these problem you're having.  if your batteries blew up thats way beyond a broken wire in a prosound mod

are you absolutely positive you haven't created a solder bridge somewhere during your modding?  its not a hard thing to do and could account for your issues.

go back and triple/quadruple check your work, and make sure your solder points are touching ONLY the one spot they are supposed to be touching.  this is so often the cause of bad console behavior...  that and bad capacitors

edit -- just speculating, but since the volume wheel is giving you such issues now, is it possible in the course of doing the mod that you heated the thumbwheel up too much when soldering the wires there, and possibly burned it out?  just in the way they are constructed, i could imagine a bit of heat would fuze the tracks inside.  just a guess, totally a shot in the dark.

New Albany Indiana

I shot it up. It blew up 4 batteries.  Like.. blew up.  good by gb, hello bgb.