New York City

Here's an FM synth for those who like this kind of thing. I popped it open to try and find which Yamaha chip it is using, but I was unsuccessful in identifying it. It sounds a hell of a lot similar to my Yamaha SHS-10 (which has a YM2420) or a YM 2151 (OPM) if that's any reference.

It's not small as the picture might make it look like, the 49 keys are full size and the length of the unit is, according to the manual, around 86cm. Weight is 3.8kg.

What is neat about this keyboard is that it has a "digital synthesizer"part which, when turned on, lets you change the preset sounds a little to obtain new ones. I suppose each slider deals with one of the operators of the synth or something. That bit alone makes it fun to play with.

In this way, you can modify the in-built 32 sounds to create new ones.

Cosmetic wear and tear from normal use, but nothing major. I cleaned this as much as I could, too, which helped. The white keys are slightly yellowed. The speaker works well and so does the 1/4" stereo headphone plug.

This keyboard has no MIDI capailities in-built. Also has an aux.out/pedal RCA plug.
It comes with its power supply (UK prongs) and due to weight I'd say it is better suited to a local person who can pick it up.

Make your offer and it's yours, I have no need for this keyboard. Would trade for anything but Game Boy garbage, would prefer something small or simply nothing!

Write to my email (*******), I don't check the website.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 24, 2017 8:26 pm)

Unsubscribe

I played one one of these before, and its super cool. Nice lead synth for your chip playbacks.

Gosford, Australia

yeah, definitely one of the better psr-series keyboards

New York City

Yeah I quite like it, specially when you mess with the operators, but I just don't have the space nor will to have this one at home.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 23, 2013 11:14 am)

New York City

This synth is now *RESERVED*

IL, US

aww, i was supposed to trade for one of these a long time ago (sp-202 for it)... the psr disappeared sad (but i was given a cs01 instead)...

New York City

Arranged pickup, thread can be closed and/or deleted.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 25, 2013 11:19 am)