Solar System

Questions:
1.) How many chipmusic composers, musicians, producers or djs are there on planet Earth??? (circa)
2.) How many chipmusic fans, listeners, album buyers, dancers are on planet Earth??? (circa)
What is your estimation???

smile

Last edited by Matej (Mar 22, 2013 8:52 pm)

Orange County,CA /Las Vegas NV

I'd say less than "Metal" and Pop artists. Really theres a ton of chip artists who just hobby. Idk Id say at least 8000 artists including hobbies

this forum alone has 6000+ members..
So i think 8000 is a bit low...

Nottingham, UK

I'm really not that confident in the efficacy of your research methodology.

Abandoned on Fire

On a related note:

Brunswick, GA USA

I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this just to know, but if you really want to know, you'd need to look at the results of "sales" and "attendance" threads, which we've had a few, and maybe ask today's events and labels for current figures.

In the Chipwin Group on Facebook there is a list with atleast 400+. So i guess these are the "active" and "non-just-hobby" Artist.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/chiptune … 856224650/

They also made a Visual Map for it.
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=20 … 346.289063

orange county, CA

That map is really cool.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Two.  Sabrepulse and Bitwish.

reject of nintendoage
9-Heart wrote:

can't believe there are only 5 in australia.
Or maybe it's just little-scale's awesomeness that makes them seem like 1000.

Gosford, Australia
shizcake wrote:
9-Heart wrote:

can't believe there are only 5 in australia.
Or maybe it's just little-scale's awesomeness that makes them seem like 1000.

there were at least 6 of us just at a small pixel-art exhibition in newcastle last night and only one of them are on that list so i think maybe this thing is not fully "extensive" tongue

Last edited by Victory Road (Mar 23, 2013 1:34 am)

Timbob wrote:

this forum alone has 6000+ members..
So i think 8000 is a bit low...

yeah and you cant delete accounts, some of these people in the 6000 have double or triple accounts since they cant name change, the answer is, who the fuck cares how many chip artists are out there (to be blunt) Theres also a ton of rappers (in the millions) to be objective. Knowing how many of what will never be a close estimate. what are we the census? Lol Sorry for this long and dick comment, I'm fucked up right now.

tons of terrible musicians who make it nowhere these days (including me) But there are only a few ever so often that truely pioneer and leave a mark. ha ha im an assswipe, however chip music is a small community, to be on a serious number, id say strictly 8000 on traditional chip. but there could be tons of different styles made with chip, so timbob is actually correct, could be wayyyy more. sorry timbob for being a butt :'(

Brunswick, GA USA

That map implies a facebook presence, so of course it's not complete or perfect, but well done.  I think part of the OP's question is about the ratio of consumers to producers so to speak, does anyone know some recent attendance figures?

chunter wrote:

That map implies a facebook presence, so of course it's not complete or perfect, but well done. [...]

They take additions, if somebody feels unsatisfied here => [email protected]

Solar System

Hmm so from 5000 to 10000 musicians??? Thats pretty cool!