Guildford, UK

Hey guys, long time lurker but recently got in deep into trying to resurrect Batsly Adam's FAMI / Arduino schematic.

Now, no promises... I'm primarily a musician, not a NesDev or electronics expert, but if I can get this going again and Batsly is ok with it, I'll share any progress I make.

Primarily, at this point in time, I need help making the arduino send the correct messages. I have written a rough NES Rom that can check for serial input and can read a controller fine but it is falling down on the MIDI input. This indicates to me that the problem is with the arduino.

If anyone has knowledge of low level arduino interrupts and how to use these to send serial data I'd love to speak to you and send the arduino code for you to look over.

If this is in the wrong area of the site, I apologise, I got a few things on my mind...

Oh and if anyone objects to me trying to resurrect this project, please let me know... I dont know if there was any reason in particular that this was discontinued, so if i offend anyone by posting here about it, I apologise.

Ash

Brooklyn, NY

Hey Ash, I'm going to respectfully ask that you do not distribute the code. The SVN push was a mistake and I had no intention on releasing the code just yet. I've made a ton of progress since that ROM and was looking to release it very soon. Thanks man, I hope you understand. If you'd like to beta test the new stuff I'd be happy to send you the new ROM.

Last edited by Batsly Adams (Mar 14, 2013 7:34 pm)

Guildford, UK

Yeah sure, sorry man, I wasn't sure if this was given up on or not.

I'd love to test your new stuff, in my quest to pick up where I thought you'd left off, I think I've learned quite a bit.

Still having major issues with the arduino part tho >.< lol

BK

So happy to see Batsly's looking to finally get out FAMI! smile:):)

Matthew Joseph Payne

I've had the interface built for ages Batsly - if you need beta testers, pick me pick me!

SLC, UT

I also have an interface ready for action. I would love to help.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Wow Batsly Adams, very cool to hear that this hasn't died. Midi NES control has been a 'dream' of mine for so very long. Looking forward to your latest release!! Thank you!!