Serbia,Belgrade

Well close to two months ago i started making chiptune.I so far love it and i have a lot of djs who i have met through this chipmusic experience who were fascinated by the idea,as i am the second guy to do this in my country(so far as i know and i know our 8-bit community).I was trying to see with you guys if you can share me some tips how to improve my recording of music and of course if you would share some tips for live.I did one live when my friends played DnB and Jungle in a club.(sadly there were pauses between songs but fuck it i don't have two gameboys or an option to loop.

So how do you guys record your music from gameboy?

What i have available now:
1.Ableton
2.behringer 502 mixer which is connected to my computer through mic in.
3.Gameboy of course(prosounded)

Looking forward to hear from you guys,thanks in advance and keep on rocking.This forum has been a large help for me and i love that i found my way here.

Gosford, Australia

yeah that will work for recording. but you might need to turn microphone boost off, you can do that in the windows sound settings

Serbia,Belgrade

here is my song,this second one with some mastering in ableton.it was recorded in audicity and exported in waw,but in ableton i think you have more control i never recorded something through it.It would be good if you guys can give me like a template what to setup in depth preferecnces for export or something.Bitrate and such(i don't know much about this that's why)

https://soundcloud.com/zhakilic/chipdeath-breakdown-v2

Last edited by Imnikola (Mar 23, 2013 3:22 pm)