England

Hey, we have a new release! New Biographs as well!

I guess this release falls somewhere between Burial and Boards of Canada but using Nanoloop 2.3 as a sound source.

More beautiful mellow atmospheres. I don’t really know what else to say really. I hope this has sold it to you.

Download for free at www.kittenrock.co.uk

Last edited by Jellica (Mar 25, 2013 7:45 am)

Tokyo, Japan

Ok this is lovely. Also I didnt know you were blogging cool tunes!

ohio gozaimasu

Fuck yes! I loved the previous release, can't wait to listen!

Earth

heart Thanks.

Perth, Australia

Loving this. I listen to Notations regularly.

West Yorks, UK

This is fucking awesome, based only on the first 2 minutes of the first random track I opened.
Care to shed any more light on the processes used to make this album??

Brilliant stuff

lovely

England
Domu wrote:

Care to shed any more light on the processes used to make this album??

this is what he emailed me:

There's no LSDJ in these tracks, as the DMG in my setup has been replace with a Casio SK-5. All the casio-samples I have used originates from Nanoloop 2.3, though; so I would still consider it chipmusic. All the musical sounds thus comes from Nanoloop 2.3, with the last track as an exception, which features guitar.

West Yorks, UK

cheers!

shanghai
Jord wrote:

Loving this. I listen to Notations regularly.

West Yorks, UK

okay this really needs full artwork and pressing to some kind of disk.

Im off to bask in this, notations (which ive not yet heard) and a load of spliff smoke for the rest of the afternoon

West Yorks, UK

just to confirm, notations is 2.3 whilst notes is 2.1, not a typo?

soz 4 been music tech geek

Sweden

I'm very glad to hear that you all like it!

Domu wrote:

No. actually, Notations was made with NL 2.3 and LSDJ, while Notes was made with NL 2.3 and a Casio SK-5 using samples from the 2.3 (there's also guitar on the last track).

Earth
Biographs wrote:

I'm very glad to hear that you all like it!
Notes was made with NL 2.3 and a Casio SK-5 using samples from the 2.3 (there's also guitar on the last track).

That's a cool set up. It's got a really loose and crunchy sound, like burial sort of. I like the sparsity too.

Sweden
breakphase wrote:

That's a cool set up. It's got a really loose and crunchy sound, like burial sort of. I like the sparsity too.

Thanks! When I bought the Casio I didn't really plan for it to replace the DMG; I just thought that it, since it's so small and cheap, would be good to play around with to find melodies and chord progressions, but I ended up liking the sound so much that I put it in my set up. The reason I had to replace the DMG was because I have limited channels on my mixer (and I also like being limited to a certain amount of channels; it's a part of my creative process (and I guess many other chipmusicians) to try to work within these limited borders, and this creativity within limited channels is also one of the charms with  chipmusic I think).

England
Domu wrote:

typo!