Toronto, Canada

http://rainwarrior.ca/music/classic_chips.html

Classic Chips is an album I did in late 2011. It's a selection of classical music I like arranged for NES and Famicom expansions. I forgot to post about it here when I did it. It's free to listen on YouTube.

Claude Debussy - Passepied

Last edited by rainwarrior (Mar 24, 2013 4:09 am)

New Albany Indiana

Kewl.

Chip music dead man.... game over... GAME Over man.

http://youtu.be/dsx2vdn7gpY

Last edited by Bit wish (Mar 24, 2013 1:25 am)

Toronto, Canada

Yes, every composer used in Classic Chips is long dead.

New Albany Indiana
rainwarrior wrote:

Yes, every composer used in Classic Chips is long dead.

haha, where did you hide the bodies?

Toronto, Canada

I decomposed them.

vancouver, canada

rad stylings!!  awesome that you hopped back and forth between straight-up recreations and employing more chip-specific tropes.

btw totally dug your famicompo SMB cover, too.

The forest of swaying fungi

This.... is pretty awesome. I used to obsess over Debussy's works as a kid. A real treat to listen to. Great job!

Last edited by CaptainStarPaw (Mar 24, 2013 9:21 pm)

NC in the US of America

I've been rocking  this for awhile. Good stuff. I was surprised at how atypical some of the tunes were. No mozart

Good stuff.

Toronto, Canada

I think Mozart was cool, but there's nothing of his that is a big favourite of mine. There are some amazing moments in his work, like the opening to String Quartet 19, but I dunno, he never made it to my top 5, y'know?

Sydney, NSW

I'm a big lover of chip arrangements for orchestral music. It really flexes the composition skills of an artist. Stuff liek fluidvolt's 'Reflections of a Dancing Leaf' release.

I'll have to check this out later on. Sounds promising!

NC in the US of America

Is the animation/automation in the videos done using real nes program? That was a nice touch. It'd theoreticallymake a cool dvd feaurette

Toronto, Canada

No the animation is not a NES program. There are too many colours for that.

Edit: I could make an NES ROM that animates to it, I do that kind of thing sometimes, but I didn't consider it worthwhile for this project at this point in time (esp. since the use of expansions on half the tracks makes it impossible to play those tracks on a regular NES). Also I didn't know how to program the NES when I first released Classic Chips-- I made my first NES ROM in January 2012.

Last edited by rainwarrior (Mar 25, 2013 6:33 am)

California, United States

Amazing work rainwarrior, I had actually listened to most of these a few months ago! I really think you did a fantastic job porting them over, it's masterfully done man!