Russia

How can I fix it? (non vertical)

(219) Indiana, USA

I don't think you can sad . To help avoid this in the future however you just have to be really careful when moving around the screen (whether it be taking off the reflective film or putting in the backlight). Because if you bend the ribbon cable on the right side too much you may cause damage..

Last edited by zaxxon (Mar 26, 2013 8:53 pm)

You can fix horizontal lines, but they are extremely hard to fix. The connector on the right is more fragile. I don't know the details, but maybe this will help.

Russia

I read this, Thanks. Try ro fix it!

KC

after reading that link above what I can think of would be way too much trouble unless there was only one LCD left in the world.

1. un attach the bottom brown ribbon FROM THE PCB, NOT THE SCREEN by desoldering the contacts.

2. this way you can open up the LCD to expose the white ribbon without stressing the corners too much
(which is what seems to happen when I have tried to do a backlight on a perfect screen then came up with dead pixels)

3. Lay the LCD flat so that it is parallel with the PCB on a flat surface(no static!)

4. Like the guy replying if you read the link above, use gentler heat to reattach the ribbon

5. now reverse all these steps by reattaching the brown ribbon to the PCB and check to see if it works.

Like I said, this seems like way to much trouble but it might be worth checking out, think Im gonna pull out one of my damaged LCDs now and try it!

Last edited by Grymmtymm (Mar 27, 2013 2:11 pm)