Chicago IL

postal service always sounded annoying to me

I can't stand Ben Gibbard anymore. His lyrics/etc are underwhelming, uninspiring and off. Pre transatlanticism death cab was pretty good, a stark contrast with current work. And Jimmy Tamborello's music here is just.. flat and lifeless. This must be why there was talk of there being no new album in the works, because they couldn't make anything worth a damn.

On a side note, Jimmy Tamborello's dntel project is great, especially "life is full of possibilities".

England

LAME. owl city ripoff

Earth
chunter wrote:

Instead of holding breath there is Passion Pit or Yeasayer

Or Ms John Soda, (if you haven't heard it)

Last edited by breakphase (Feb 13, 2013 1:52 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA
breakphase wrote:

Very nice, yes.

shanghai
breakphase wrote:
chunter wrote:

Instead of holding breath there is Passion Pit or Yeasayer

not feeling that ...... she has a really boring monotone voice. seriously that's  a dreadfully dull song - verging on bloody irritating.  Music's ok though.

Brunswick, GA USA
Downstate wrote:

...... she has a really boring monotone voice.

That is some of the point: indie types are hipsters who do things differently for its own sake sometimes. It's okay if you don't like it.

Earth
Downstate wrote:
breakphase wrote:

not feeling that ...... she has a really boring monotone voice. seriously that's  a dreadfully dull song - verging on bloody irritating.  Music's ok though.

Well it's a similar mix of pop and glitchy dance music, is why I suggest it. There are some better songs from them. I think her voice is ethereal and haunting, but to each their own.

shanghai

werd

Auburn, WA, US

I'm siding with those who think it's best PS never release a new album. Give Up is an iconic album and totally redefined the way I listened to music, not to mention defined the way I experienced love for the first time. Feels.
Imo, they shoulda just released a limited edition Give Up instead of releasing the OP track at all. Didn't really feel it... but yeah, Everything post-Transatlanticism rubbed me the wrong way. I remember working at Papa Murphy's six years ago and being upset when I recognized DC4C's new track on the radio.

In other news, Yellowcard is just as good as ever.

Chicago IL
cirque wrote:

In other news, Yellowcard is just as good as ever.

uughhhhh

watch a good video, guys

sweden

I’m just gonna leave this here.

Auburn, WA, US
nordleof wrote:

I’m just gonna leave this here.

Well that was unexpected.