Texas

I used to be a hostess at Chili's and a server at a retirement home. God I hated working with food. I'm about to start a job as a cashier at Drug Emporium if everything goes well. As for a career, I used to want to either be an audio engineer or a 3D animator. But then I graduated high school and reality slapped me in the face. Now I'm planning on going to school this fall for dental assisting, haha.

clovis CA

I work as an iPhone repair tech at IRepair Wizard, and im going to city college. I have a general idea of what i want to do, but im just wasting time at city. I want to become a hardware engineer, designing circuit boards and junk. Ive wasted 2 semesters at city college and i dont even have 1 class requirement for an AA yet.

I am working in Alaska this summer diving for a barge, so Im pretty stoked to have an opportunity like that.

London

Electronics Engineer. I design a bunch of stuff on FPGAs.

montreal, qc

If you have arthritis, glaxxo-smith-kline has tried to sell you drugs using clips of my first album as app nav sounds.
I do web stuff and master records to avoid starvation; two degrees down the hole.

montreal, qc

I sleep about 3 hours a night trying to pull a simple 3.0 GPA.

Sleep less, that 3.0 will get you exactly nowhere.

Utah

Well, I have a Bachelor's Degree in Mandarin Chinese and I'm currently working on a Master's Degree in International Politics (China). I'm hoping to do what I can to maintain peace between America and China. I'd rather make a living performing music and writing soundtracks, but that is somewhat unlikely and I have a family to support.

I feel that while it is good to have safe and stable life support, in order to accomplish something special, you need to give it all your effort. I guess what I'm saying is don't be afraid to dream big. You never know what you could accomplish.

Gosford, Australia
ilkae wrote:

If you have arthritis, glaxxo-smith-kline has tried to sell you drugs using clips of my first album as app nav sounds.
I do web stuff and master records to avoid starvation; two degrees down the hole.

i want to contribute to you not starving by buying a t-shirt or hoodie with the cover of "can't play guitar" on it

Lexington, KY

IBM Cable Technician, haha.

Holland

Currently writing my bachelor thesis about the most effective way to test responsive websites and applications. And besides that I am a freelance front- and backend developer.

Anahiem, CA

Full time college student. Studying to get my BS in Nursing.

Andromeda's Black Hole

I'm a full time Fine Art's student and a painter. I'm also a devout Buddhist.

Student. Social Work (child service 'n shit). Organized a student rally last two weeks against budget cuts in education.
Due to my studies I got allowed to leave classes, my work for the rally will be graded for "voluntary non-school social work" and I have to write 3 small reflections about what I've done, why the rally was organized, and my opinions about the rally.

Awesome. Really heavy study, though. Four tasks each week, sigh.

Italy

I make money with the internet

just kidding I'm in high school

KC

I've asked myself this question too.

Where do I go with my education, a choice between what I love and what I need.

I have found that a good middle ground is music therapy.  Look into it.

This is a (relatively) new thing and the more people that I talk too there is actual work with this, and it falls within the health care field which is pretty steady work and decent pay.

So I think that is what I am going to pursue in education and will (hopefully) allow me to maintain some opportunities elsewhere too.

ohgodno, Indiana

Worked for Dish Network now i work the  corners

New Orleans, Louisiana

I work at Office Depot, and at community college getting my associate's in graphic design, but I think I'm going to go more computer science and do web design when I transfer to a 4 year college. I've found a real interest in coding, plus it's where the money is at.. or so I've been told.