Santa Cruz, California

Teh D3th St4r is asking a question?!

Yes... yes I am.

Anyway, I'm working with an original Glacier GBA right now, and I was wondering if anybody has painted the inside of theirs. If so; could you post some pics so I can get an idea of what it looks like?
I tried hunting down a completely transparent shell, but had no luck... and if anybody knows where one can be found, I'd really appreciate that too.

washington

i'm fairly sure they don't make actual clear cases, glacier is probably the best you'll find.

bit wish made this thread about it a while ago

Santa Cruz, California

You think that Eye Candy (of all places) would have a clear shell... bummer.

Hmmmmm... That's not the result I was expecting.

washington

what were you expecting?

Santa Cruz, California

I thought the paint would pop through a little more than that.

washington

i suppose it depends on the color, what color are you painting it?

here's one from the customized gear thread

Santa Cruz, California

OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
That's much nicer.
I was going to do a splatter pattern and my logo in purple with a lime green background, and it looks like it'll work pretty well.
Thanks.

New Albany Indiana

what? i get made something semi useful?

The picture was really low quality and it does "POP". I used really cheap wall mart paint to do it. Word to the wise, take all the time in the world to patch up each hole. It's a pain to pick off the unwanted bits of paint and i scratched my gba while doing it.

And i used 70% alcohol to clean my gba.

New Albany Indiana

And the speaker cover is the part that will look bad if you dont patch it up corectly.

"just realized that a gba has rectangular speaker holes.

maybe press some silly putty into the holes from the outside.... just enough to plug the holes

paint and then remove the putty

just a thought..."

Santa Cruz, California
Bit wish wrote:

what? i get made something semi useful?

The picture was really low quality and it does "POP". I used really cheap wall mart paint to do it.

All I was saying is that it didn't pop like I though it would... not like the clear PIL.

Bit wish wrote:

maybe press some silly putty into the holes from the outside.... just enough to plug the holes

paint and then remove the putty

just a thought..."

A technique I've been doing for a long time.