Hey all,

I bought a second hand GBA to TV converter but can't seem to get it to work.

Anyone knows how to install it? I can't seem to get the ribon cable from the adapter fit into the gba ribon cable part.

Here's a picture of that ribon cable:
dropbox.com/s/h8sdim1qlbco0m2/Photo%2001-04-13%2020%2043%2018.jpg

Thanks in advance

Last edited by W4LKR (Apr 1, 2013 6:55 pm)

Anyone?

Taichung, Taiwan

I went to this site called google. I typed in "GBA to TV Converter Issues" and this was the first link that popped up.

http://www.made-by-bacteria.com/viewtop … 7&t=88

ohgodno, Indiana

If u cant 'fix the problem' ill def buy it from u

Last edited by b4by f4c3 (Apr 1, 2013 7:09 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan

You do know that the GBA had 2 different versions of their ribbon connector, right?

I'll buy that thing from you as well!

katsumbhong wrote:

You do know that the GBA had 2 different versions of their ribbon connector, right?

No I didn't. Does it have something to do with american and european consoles? Or is it just a model number I have to look for?

And I did find the link you posted in the beginning, I was looking for an easier solution.

Taichung, Taiwan
W4LKR wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

No I didn't. Does it have something to do with american and european consoles? Or is it just a model number I have to look for?

And I did find the link you posted in the beginning, I was looking for an easier solution.

As far as I know, they had 2 different connector types and it doesn't have anything to do with US/EU.

Before you purchase anything dealing with you futzing around with the ribbon connector on a GBA you have to figure out what ribbon connector you have so you can purchase the appropriate version.

You found the SOLUTION. Either do the mod like the one in the link or just sell yours and buy the one with the correct connector for your GBA.

Last edited by katsumbhong (Apr 1, 2013 7:27 pm)

Thanks! My GBA has 32 pins, the ribon cable from the TV adapter has 40. I'll be looking for a 40 pin GBA.
Are these rare? I got 2 32 pin gba's here (randomly picked them up somewhere)

Taichung, Taiwan
W4LKR wrote:

Thanks! My GBA has 32 pins, the ribon cable from the TV adapter has 40. I'll be looking for a 40 pin GBA.
Are these rare? I got 2 32 pin gba's here (randomly picked them up somewhere)

Some came 32, some came 40.

Ok, that's nice to hear.

I got another GBA comming in the mail in the next couple of days. Fingers crossed it's a 40 pin one wink

Taichung, Taiwan

http://rosecoloredgaming.files.wordpres … -rev-1.jpg

I can't seem to open the page sad

Taichung, Taiwan

Thanks, I found that one aswell. It's very usefull (: